Dynadot

Sold a Domain on my website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jimmy Bearden

Domains at DNCore.com | Marketing at Zenogram.comEstablished Member
Impact
I had a solid offer on a domain and I accepted. Customer went ahead and paid for it. My merchant services says I will receive deposit in two days. Should I go ahead and deliver or should I wait till money is in account. Buyer seems solid and responded fast with payment. I do want my customer to be happy.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had a solid offer on a domain and I accepted. Customer went ahead and paid for it. My merchant services says I will receive deposit in two days. Should I go ahead and deliver or should I wait till money is in account. Buyer seems solid and responded fast with payment. I do want my customer to be happy.
what is your website name ???

•••
•••
Why in the heck is the seller worried about a 2 day wait. If, the buyer is good he can wait, like the buyer is going to be mad! Most, auction platforms take at least a week to deliver a domain not sure why his website should be any different! Seriously, worried about a 48 hour wait! Simply, say when payment is cleared usually 2 business days domain push will begin.

•••
It's amazing how across the board we all are when it comes to escrow services from escrow, payoneer, epik, sedo...

Escrow used to be the standard, it is just not the case anymore. Sedo has been good on transaction side, their escrow service is a bit slow, and the setup is dated. I keep hearing good things about Epik.

•••
I would add the disclaimer "name is passed on once i receive the funds from my third party payment gateway" if you feel you should inform impatient buyers like me

•••
So buyer purchased and paid on the gateway in your website. Now it is your matter when Gateway pays you )it depends on the service agreement between yo and the merchant gateway).
If I was the buyer, I should have expected to receive my purchase instantly, that is what you should do.

I did this and delivered very quickly. I did a little due Diligence and contacted GoDaddy to validate the information to make sire it was a valid account.

•••
Why in the heck is the seller worried about a 2 day wait. If, the buyer is good he can wait, like the buyer is going to be mad! Most, auction platforms take at least a week to deliver a domain not sure why his website should be any different! Seriously, worried about a 48 hour wait! Simply, say when payment is cleared usually 2 business days domain push will begin.
I was not really worried I just wanted everything to be a seamless experience for the customer. I went ahead and delivered.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back