Dynadot

new gTLD Sold a .CARDS for $2500

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I just sold a .CARDS for $2500 and a few other new gTLDs for much less (low to middle XXX).

I wanted at least $3500 for the .CARDS but it ended with 2,5K. My negotiation skills s*cked this time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Excellent sale!

Was it a premium reg or regular reg?

Non-disclosure agreement?

•••
disclose more details please, where you sold, whats the name, etc. Tell us the story)

•••
Thank you!

It was a private sale, to a company in the segment as the name.

36 dollar renewal (premium).

I will report the name to DN Journal...

•••
Thank you!

It was a private sale, to a company in the segment as the name.

36 dollar renewal (premium).

I will report the name to DN Journal...
you reached them or they reached you?

•••
Nice, first 5 digit .cards I've seen I think.

•••
you reached them or they reached you?

They contacted me. I'm not actively reaching out to potential costumers at the moment. Sometimes I think it even might be counterproductive.

•••
congrats !

thats a lot of money where you live, right?

•••
•••
congrats !

thats a lot of money where you live, right?

Thanks!

It depends. There are many Lexus SUVs on the Samui roads nowadays. Many are wealthy down here, also the Thais. Not at all as on the Thailand countryside.

Ps. I can not afford that kind of car, I am happy with our 5 yo Toyota. :rolleyes:

•••
well done !

not seen many sales of .cards domains, they have being generally available for 15 months.

•••
•••
Congrats on your sale, highest .card domain sale i've heard about

•••
Nice job! Maybe if you declined their counter offer and waited it out you would have gotten more :) But 2.5k sale is great... how much ROI is that?

•••
Thanks!

It depends. There are many Lexus SUVs on the Samui roads nowadays. Many are wealthy down here, also the Thais. Not at all as on the Thailand countryside.

Ps. I can not afford that kind of car, I am happy with our 5 yo Toyota. :rolleyes:
You have a very successful business.I think it won't be long that you 'll get the Lexus Suv.

•••
Thats' terrific!

Glad to learn of the newer dots moving along in their marketplace!

•••
@kohsamui

don't sweat it.. your buyer seems to be quite the stingy kind.. they didn't even see the need to get their business name in the .com (yep, operating on a .us) although it was available to them for high 4 figures according to the current owner of the .com (upon some research)..

still a nice gtld sale nevertheless and that Lexus should be reality sooner than later :)

ps: true that lots of folks there drive now Lexus but i am sure you know how even students can "afford" these nowadays.. i wouldn't exactly call it "afford", seeing how aggressively it is being supported financially by the Thai government (first car program etc.) and the leasing/financing schemes they run over there (often min. 72 months up to 20 years when they have long exchanged against another car)..

been living in Thailand long enough myself and seen enough Lexus in Chiang Mai to know how riskily financed their increasing luxury over there is..

•••
:D

I would never buy a Lexus in Thailand, unless my income would ten-fold. Luxury cars are (as you know) ridiculously expensive here. I like (as most people) to live a comfortable life, but I do not care much for this kind of consumption.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back