Domain Empire

So, what does a 'parking company' ...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HeavyDuty

Account Closed
Impact
So, what does a 'parking company' actually do for you?

1) They have free use of your domain name
2) They have free rein with your hard earned traffic
3) They collect PPC monies generated by the above

In return, they provide what?
1) A few templates
2) Bare bones hosting

I find it quite odd and quite curious that the dn owner can't include any type of tracking. Which would be a very simple piece of script. A simple 1x1 pixel image would easily do the trick.

Hosted mini-sites rule IMHO. It requires some work, much more than just reging a dn for $8 bucks and parking it.

So, what does a 'parking company' actually do for you? That you can't do better for yourself?

So you list your name for sale with one of the 'big dogs', and park it there. Is that where end users look for domain names? Do they make any attempt to market the names?

Do a search on,
"the best <your choice> domains"
"where can I find <your choice> domain names?"
"<your choice> domain names"
"I want to buy an <your choice> domain name"

You'll see how aggressive their marketing is. Cherry pickers, nothing but cherry pickers. Fabulous will turn up on occasion, SEDO even less, all the rest are 5-10-50 pages deep in SERP's.

Just curious, what's the attraction? :), inquiring minds want to know.

Regards,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Donny said:
Yes we are accepting new users. We are just pretty strict on who we let in, because of an issue we had a few months ago. If you get rejected for whatever reason, just contact me and I can look at it.

Donny

Sorry, that's not the way it works. This is another reason why we initially decided to turn it off. I was talking about an external counter only.

Donny

hi, should i re-submit a new application or re-use my application?
PM sent
:)

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
Also, think about it. If we all followed his "Black Hat" process, we would also wind up with duplicate content.

This isnt my Black Hat technique, Id never advocate the use of such practises. Its just something I know goes on.

However, you do not wind up with duplicate content using this technique because in translating into french and then back into English changes the sentence structure and not even the great G can fathom that one out..... Yet.

Go check it out for yourself - Its actually quite interesting

http://www.freetranslation.com/

•••
Chuck_Fickens said:
This isnt my Black Hat technique, Id never advocate the use of such practises. Its just something I know goes on.

However, you do not wind up with duplicate content using this technique because in translating into french and then back into English changes the sentence structure and not even the great G can fathom that one out..... Yet.

Go check it out for yourself - Its actually quite interesting

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Yes, but if you feed the SAME English text article into the process each time, you will get the SAME resulting English out, albeit different from the original English. So, if we all did that, starting with the same article, we would STILL wind up with duplicate content!

Plus, if your were not advocating it, then you should not have mentioned it. ;)

Last edited:
•••
Donny said:
Yes we are accepting new users. We are just pretty strict on who we let in, because of an issue we had a few months ago. If you get rejected for whatever reason, just contact me and I can look at it.

Donny

Sorry, that's not the way it works. This is another reason why we initially decided to turn it off. I was talking about an external counter only.

Donny

that is frustrated.

•••
Who started this thread anyway? It seems to be developing a life of its own -- not complaining at all -- interesting stuff.

This duplicate content thing is strange as most everything in this racket. I have a site which is nothing but wikipedia content -- www.pottery.co.in -- which I did to dee what happened.
Been online well over a year -- Urltrends shows:
Current Rankings:
PageRank: 3/10
Alexa Rank: Not Ranked

Incoming Google Links: 2
Incoming Yahoo Links: 4
Incoming MSN Links: 2
Incoming Alexa Links: 2
Overall Incoming Links: 10 (Overlap is possible - Estimated 9 unique links)
Outgoing Links: 14 (Ratio: 0.143% - Each Link Receives Approx. 0.182 PR)

Go figure.

I have the skin done for my next Drupal mini coming soon to a browser near you. Not ready for prime time yet -- DubaiFestival-info and yes DubaiFestivals-info is at 1plus -- wana see what happens. Both are new reg's with no history so...

•••
hark,

I just noticed your zunemart.com Amazon eStore site. Looks really nice. Are you getting any action on that site? If so, how have you achieved that? How long has it been live?

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
Yes, but if you feed the SAME English text article into the process each time, you will get the SAME resulting English out, albeit different from the original English. So, if we all did that, starting with the same article, we would STILL wind up with duplicate content!

Plus, if your were not advocating it, then you should not have mentioned it. ;)

Dont be so ridiculous. There are countless millions of articles published. There are probably a handful of MFA site builders using this technique. There are a countless number of probable topics a domain could cover and there are numerous translation services one might use. Do you know how remote what you spoke about in extreme confidence above actually is.. Nice UPPER case shouting btw.

And i should only post about things I believe in?? Im not even gonna broach that one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back