NameSilo

So what are you giving to the Domain Industry this Christmas?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you think about the idea of community assets for domainer empowerment?

• 5th

Ebenezer Scrooge? Grinch? Those guys are weenies compared to me!

votes
    0.0%

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
It is Christmas. It is a good time to talk about Christmas gifts with the NamePros community.

A few months ago, Epik acquired the domain name NameInvestors.com in a bulk deal with Troy Rushton. We have been thinking about what to do with such a memorable name. I think we figured it out.

Here are some of the questions I have been asking internally:

What if we could create the ultimate domainer dashboard that made it easy for anyone to find and register mispriced domains?

What if we could make it completely free so that anyone could participate, even people with no money and/or no credit card could access the good stuff?

What if we made it so that the community could help build it through open source code objects for adding dashboard widgets that leveraged frictionless single-sign-on and portable payments?

What if the site was governed by democratically, with the help of industry leaders with a track record for working selflessly to make the pie bigger?

What if the entire site could be owned not by private equity investors, venture capitalists, or even high net worth individuals, but instead owned by the community who contributed to make it better?

To give some vague idea of what I mean, you can see the current status here:

https://nameinvestors.com/

This is just a functional preview of the "drag and drop" widget framework. The data is real so you can use it to find leads but please don't send bots to crawl or scale it -- your IPs will get blocked rather instantly.

I also understand that @Gube, @DanSanchez and others from @epik will be dropping gifts in this thread in the coming days in terms of additional data. I imagine Dan's available names list should be widgetized.

Who else has a domainer gift this Christmas they want to share?

I am pretty sure we can count on @Ategy @Bob Hawkes @equity78 @estibot.com @James Iles @JudgeMind @Leopard @oldtimer @Silentptnr. You guys have often brought the good stuff.

As for the poll, it is open for 12 days -- for the 12 days of Christmas, starting today.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What about the rest of us. :xf.frown:

$199 for a backorder? You have got to be kidding! Who's empowering who here? Who is getting the gift?
Can you PM me your email (used on Epik) ?
We will give you the NP pricing, 8.49$ to backorder a .com domain first come first served no auction :)

Gube

•••
Can you PM me your email (used on Epik) ?
We will give you the NP pricing, 8.49$ to backorder a .com domain first come first served no auction :)

Gube

Thanks for the offer. However, it seems more than a little disingenuous to claim to be in the "spirit of the season" while price gouging the average joe then giving over 90% discount to nP members. What if someone who paid the full amount later discovers nP?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the offer. However, it seems more than a little disingenuous to claim to be in the "spirit of the season" while price gouging the average joe then giving over 90% discount to nP members. What if someone who paid the full amount later discovers nP?
This person would have the NP pricing starting from the time he would have asked.
It's an offer made to members and not a priviledge.. but we still like to empower people in the digital world, and anyone can get in touch with us to discuss of his pricing.

Have you seen NameInvestors yet?

Just published a new widget again :)
upload_2019-12-26_18-43-46.png

Gube

•••
This person would have the NP pricing starting from the time he would have asked.

I'd say, if that person was peeved, it would be an understatement.

While we're on the topic, what is Epik's success rate of catching dropped domains registered at other registrars?

•••
What about the rest of us. :xf.frown:

$199 for a backorder? You have got to be kidding! Who's empowering who here? Who is getting the gift?

Most people here pay $8.49 for backorders. It is refundable too. We are working on a post-pay model but the engineers say that is a larger task so not done yet.

Our domain liquidation service is free to list and already has lots of great inventory with a commission of just 9% including payment process and with no minimum:

https://nameliquidate.com/

So, are you here to throw troll rocks, or contribute something useful?

•••
It's an offer made to members and not a priviledge.. but we still like to empower people in the digital world, and anyone can get in touch with us to discuss of his pricing.

Show attachment 139976

Gube

The 12 days of Christmas is ROLLING folks!

That is one very slick widget -- one of many that are coming down the pipe. Check it out.

•••

Show attachment 139976

Gube
On a separate note, regarding that first dropped domain bought, WindowsXP definitely needs to be retired, but I'm sure there are still millions running it and need a forum to talk about it :)

•••
Rob, I like what you are doing for us.

Thanks

•••
Talking of NameInvestors, a new widget is online
Show attachment 139963

Previously on Dropelf, it was possible to monitor TW accounts, It's now back online on NameInvestors
And without any limitations (except being logged-in)

More coming soon, the next widget could be helpful to people watching the drops ;)

Gube
what is TW accounts

•••
•••
Twitter, but I'll monitor accounts on other social networks at the same time soon :)

Gube

@Gube - I suggest relabel that widget to "Social Handle Monitor" or something along those lines.

•••
Hi

i'll keep on giving, the same things that I have given,
since I've been a "domainer".

such as sharing "my own thoughts":

from giving advice, to sharing the idealistic and independent opinions, to the critiques that others may think, but dare not say
and in between that, still offering congratulations to those who share their successes.
I hope to continue doing all that, as an active member within the various domain communities.

also plan to continue parking, buying and hopefully selling domains,
while also participating in auctions, placing backorders, renewing and even dropping some.

I believe that such contributions, when made in part or whole, by each individual participant, adds to the evolving cycle within the world of domaining.

that's what I've been giving to domaining, and have truly been blessed, for what it has given back!

imo...

•••
I consider myself to be more of an intellectual and philosopher than a coder or programmer and as such I might be able to come up with abstract thoughts that might set the tone or light the way towards new concepts and ideas that perhaps didn't exist before. In the domain Industry (or the World at large) we need both the people who can come up with new ideas and concepts and those who can bring those new ideas and concepts to life. That's why Epik and Namepros can play such vital part in bringing everyone together so that the end result can help raise all ships.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Most people here pay $8.49 for backorders. It is refundable too. We are working on a post-pay model but the engineers say that is a larger task so not done yet.

Our domain liquidation service is free to list and already has lots of great inventory with a commission of just 9% including payment process and with no minimum:

So, are you here to throw troll rocks, or contribute something useful?
Hi @Rob Monster how does one avail themselves of the $8.49 backorder? Everything on Epik.com is $199 for me. Thanks much for your help.

•••
Hi @Rob Monster how does one avail themselves of the $8.49 backorder? Everything on Epik.com is $199 for me. Thanks much for your help.

Looks like you are new here.

There is a NP pricing program at Epik:

- Domains at cost
- First come first serve Backorders at cost
- Free escrow . Details here.

Just PM us your Epik account email and we'll set you up.

•••
Looks like you are new here.

There is a NP pricing program at Epik:

- Domains at cost
- First come first serve Backorders at cost
- Free escrow

Just PM us your Epik account email and we'll set you up.
Sent, thank you Sir, enjoy the rest of your Saturday.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back