IT.COM

sales So, I Sold a Premium Domain Name on BrandBucket for 90K...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

richasis

Established Member
Impact
I'm awaiting payment from BrandBucket via Payoneer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow! Congratulations! How much did you acquire the name for?
It was a drop back in 2003... just paid renewal fees since.

•••
Payment has processed... again, the domain name is a pronounceable CVVC (dotcom).

I was offered 795.00 for this domain name about ten years ago... I'm glad I waited it out!

•••
Congratulations dear friend.

Pronounceable and/or meaningful 4L asset will appreciate in value over time.

I myself had very good experience trading them. I did not share / publish my sales publicly since more than a year which includes many 4L assets. I will share when right time come.

$XXXXX become norm for good 4L asset.

$XXXXXX will become norm for great 4L asset. We already seen many 4L for $XXXXXX+ range so far.

Thanks

•••
Let me start by saying congratulations to the OP.

I cannot help wondering if the commission was a gift to Brand Bucket though.

Let me explain....

A four letter domain is probably an acronym for something specific. For someone to cough up 90k chances are they wanted the domain pretty badly. I wonder what would have happened if the domain was pointed at a lander instead of Brand Bucket.

The way I see it the domain would probably have sold and @richasis would have saved himself a hell of a commission.

Congratulations again, the only way this could have been better news is if you somehow managed to chop down the commission a bit. Every bone in my body says Brand Bucket walked away with too much on this one.

•••
•••
Payment has processed... again, the domain name is a pronounceable CVVC (dotcom).

I was offered 795.00 for this domain name about ten years ago... I'm glad I waited it out!
Congrats on your sale of nium.com

•••
So happy for you - part of me feels like i sold the name, that's how happy i am for you :)

That's the game isn't it - wait it out and fit the perfect fitting company.

Let's dream a little and play a hypothetical - I don't know you story but lets assume you are willing to re-invest $50,000 of that, spend the other $22,000 on yourself :), what domains do you buy?

Me:

• Shop hard for a very good 3L.com for say $25,000
  • Look for another 5 to 7/8 CVCV 4L's for the other $25,000

What would the rest of you guys do?

Beauty of it all is that the name are so liquid, you could have your money back within 24 hours if needed back.

Congrats again!

•••
Congrats. Could you share any hint about domain name? 3L / 4L / Dictionary word?
Pronounceable four-letter name... I'll reveal the name (if allowed) once funds are securely in my account. (y)

•••
Congrats @richasis ! , what is your portfolio size on BB?
One remaining name listed... BB keeps reminding me to list others but, for me, their appraisals are too low.

•••
Would you mind sharing your purchase price?
I picked it up as an expired domain back in 2003... just renewal fees at Go Daddy since then.

•••
Congratulations and thanks for sharing...I just raised my 4L .com prices out of respect for your sale!

•••

Let me explain....

A four letter domain is probably an acronym for something specific. For someone to cough up 90k chances are they wanted the domain pretty badly. I wonder what would have happened if the domain was pointed at a lander instead of Brand Bucket.

The way I see it the domain would probably have sold and @richasis would have saved himself a hell of a commission.

Congratulations again, the only way this could have been better news is if you somehow managed to chop down the commission a bit. Every bone in my body says Brand Bucket walked away with too much on this one.
Your commission comment I think kind of goes across the whole industry with most people paying 20-30% commissions for exchange sales is really excessive when compared to other industries like real estate, equipment etc... which are sub 10%, and require a lot more face time, marketing, and storage. I think 10% should be an industry norm, given how automated everything has become. I think Dan.com has detected a niche here, and that is why they are closing a lot more sales, even taking away business from paypal to paypal type sales, as they offer an extra layer of security to some users.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wow 16 years, good things come to those who wait!

Let this be a lesson to us all that patience can yield huge returns!

•••

Let me explain....

As an avid reader and occasional poster to the forum, I have always respected the wisdom of MapleDots.

And, this post is no exception...

While I agree that some serious money was left on the table, this sale may not have happened otherwise.

In my view, this domain name demanded the exposure that the likes of BrandBucket provides us novices.

I was offered $795 for this domain name about ten years ago... back then, I would have accepted $3000.

When BrandBucket came in with an appraisal of 90K, I figured I would roll the dice and "settle" for 72K.

I do believe that this domain could have sold for six-figures and, if undeveloped, it may very well do so.

In the end, MapleDots is correct... that said, I am satisfied by the service provided me by BrandBucket.

I'm now following MapleDots (and, it's about time)... enough said. (y)

•••
•••
It will be interesting to see what becomes of the domain name... parting is such sweet sorrow.
You can buy 3 3L.com’s, and a dozen 4L.com’s based on that sale, at that price you should have no regrets.

People have sold much better names, for much less.

•••
Congrats on the sale.
We sold an 8L domain BB in June for $75k
There are premiums and higher-end domain sales happening on BB.

•••
Great sale man! Is it you who fix the 90K or BB? How long did you put in there till the miracle happened?
After years of sitting on the domain name and getting small offers, BrandBucket appraised it for its worth.

In the end, BrandBucket deserves a lot of credit for even making the deal happen...right place, right time.

•••
•••
•••
Thanks again and, yes, that's the one. (y)
You shattered that sale, typically your looking at $1-$10k on such a name. Right place, right time.

•••
Congrats. Sometimes I ask myself if I can have this type of patience. I have not been tested.
I was tested on numerous occasions...
Congratulations on your super sale! Any idea about the buyer? I can see that name is taken into many extensions. Has any of these went for an upgrade?
As I see it, there are a few possibilities...

1. a company with the same name made an offer several years ago;

2. the name is somewhat popular with online gaming and Pokeman;

3. it's a great name that will appreciate over time... so, why not? :xf.smile:

•••
So happy for you - part of me feels like i sold the name, that's how happy i am for you :)

That's the game isn't it - wait it out and fit the perfect fitting company.

Let's dream a little and play a hypothetical - I don't know you story but lets assume you are willing to re-invest $50,000 of that, spend the other $22,000 on yourself :), what domains do you buy?

Me:

• Shop hard for a very good 3L.com for say $25,000
  • Look for another 5 to 7/8 CVCV 4L's for the other $25,000

What would the rest of you guys do?

Beauty of it all is that the name are so liquid, you could have your money back within 24 hours if needed back.

Congrats again!
As for what's next, I think I will do some research and let gut instinct do its thing...

I always had a feel for that domain name and I'll seek another with the same 'feel'.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back