NameSilo

question So... I bought a domain on GoDaddy yesterday

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MarziaL

Impact
And now my account is locked till I provide documents and stuff, so I called the customer service asking about what happens if I don't provide anything and the person said that everything will be refunded.
Is it true? I made my account only yesterday but I find it hard to believe they will refund every purchase i did yesterday :-/
Point is that I, as a beginner, registered a crappy domain name which is ad-coins.com and I don't think I'll be able to sell it for even 50$ so I don't know if I should provide documents and try to see if it gets sold or just do nothing and get the refund. What should I do?
Is it even true that I will get the refund?... Sounds weird to me

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
get the refund, and move to another registrar imho.

•••
But is there anyone that knows if the "getting the refund" thing is true?
Is there anyone that got refunded after not validating their Godaddy account?

•••
or you can validate your account and get refund on the domain anyway if you want as long as the purchase was within 5 days if I recall correctly.

•••
I don't like GD for some reason. I've never used them, so I guess it's just a gut feeling from reading forum posts.
I wouldn't have thought it was worth the stress of not refunding you a few dollars, so they will probably refund you the money. You just have to hope they don't take the Ebay approach and charge you $25 to do it. :)

You may find that you have to validate your account with most registrars. It's a long time since I signed up, but I think I had to fax a signed copy of their agreement to my current one, and I have to send scanned pics of any credit cards I add to my account.

•••
Ummm aren't we jumping the gun on ad-coins.com? It's a hyphenated. Yes. But we all do know that germany loves such hyphenateds?

Could this sell on Sedo? Of course you'd still need to double down on the bet and pay for an auction as I doubt anyone will bid on it quickly enough to convert to auction for free.

Just a thought.

Is ad-coins really "that" crappy?

•••
I'd be careful before abandonning a GD account. These people have a long memory and you might be in trouble at a moment you 'really' need the account: they might pull out their former records and decline.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back