Dynadot

So confused

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Vetra

Impact
I have a few domains and would like to seek them but this whole marketplace has me stumped.

How do you go about finding buyers. The main domain I want to sell is puury.com as it was a work project for a health and wellness company that fell by the wayside, I still think it’s a good domain name.

My “portfolio” is afternic.com/e4fapa any pricing tips and selling advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi there,

Looks like you haven't set up a price for the domain so it looks like this to visitors:
Screenshot_20230527_104416_Chrome.jpg

Best to set up a lander by setting a price or make an offer page, plenty of guides on YouTube that you can check if you're not sure how to do this.

Once that's set up, a buyer can find and purchase your domain by going directly to the link or via a marketplace like afternic which is where you currently have your nameservers pointed.

If you want to actually go out and find potential buyers, the general idea is to identify companies that may be related to your domain name and reaching out to them to see if they would be interested (email, phone, contact form etc.)

In terms of pricing, this is probably the most complicated part. Different people will give you completely different numbers. You will really just need to do research and decide for yourself.

Finally, there are guides on namepros for basically everything. You can go to the search here and type in "beginner" (or something more specific if you need like "outreach") and you will most likely find your answer.

Keep in mind basically everyone here is a domain investor and therefore your competition, so while the advice here is generally pretty good, no one will give you their best secrets for free so self education is going to be the best way to go long term.

•••
Upvote 0
Welcome to NamePros @Vetra .

Selling most domain names is not like selling almost anything else (perhaps original artwork comes close). What I mean by that is that most domain names, even decent one, will go unsold for a very long time. The typical sell-through rate is 1%, so if you had for example 10 domain names, odds are you would sell one domain name by the end of holding them all for 10 years.

Now there are things you can do that may increase your chances of a name selling. As @VivifyDomains mentioned, by making them all Make Offer and someone needs to communicate with an agent just to get a price, some potential buyers will be turned off.

Also, depending on where they are registered, if you do set a price you could activate Fast Transfer at Afternic. The key advantage of this is that you get in the registration stream, which provides another way that people might find your domain name. Afternic/GD have a number of partners, mainly registrars. If I was on one of those registrars and searched say for a name with sketching in it, then it might suggest as an option your name, and it would be an instant purchase, put in cart and pay for it. Definitely some names sell this way.

Last fall I looked at Afternic Fast Transfer and Sedo MLS, that works similarly. You may find this article helpful:
https://www.namepros.com/blog/a-deeper-look-at-domain-name-fast-transfer-sales-networks.1288722/

For one or two of your domain names, a brandable marketplace (like BrandBucket, SquadHelp, BrandPa, etc.) might be an option. While hard to get listed, and when sell the commissions are higher, they do bring a steady set of eyes that are actively looking for a name.

A name like puury might be a good candidate. Perhaps simplified brand logic though suggests that in general one should stick to one change from obvious spelling. If we view the root word as purey, then we have an extra u but also a missing e. Nevertheless, it is short, and the idea of pure can be applied to many sectors, some of them strongly growing.

Best wishes,

Bob

•••
Upvote 0
I have a few domains and would like to seek them but this whole marketplace has me stumped.

How do you go about finding buyers. The main domain I want to sell is puury.com as it was a work project for a health and wellness company that fell by the wayside, I still think it’s a good domain name.

My “portfolio” is afternic.com/e4fapa any pricing tips and selling advice will be greatly appreciated.

👋 Hi @Vetra!

👏 Welcome. First and foremost, kudos on being honest about your confusion. Keep with that level of self-awareness. It’ll take you far in this space. However, you’re encouraged to be selective about what perspectives you factor in this forum. Most folks here are tenured investors; and some have a very “cemented” outlook on what they believe it takes to make the sale.

🤖 With that stated, you’ve been provided some very sound advice in the thread so far from @bobhawkes and @VivifyDomains. We’ll add the missing piece by suggesting you get extra creative. We’re in an era of so many technological tools and possibilities. Use everything to your advantage. Don’t allow the market to intimidate you. Remember, a name only requires you to have (1) buyer.

🏆 Try not to lean too heavily into the status-quo side of domain investing. The metrics matter; but the benefits of carving out your own niche approach to selling can’t be overstated. It comes down to your goal(s) though. They ultimately determine who you need to solicit and how you need to offer your assets. Determine whether you feel comfortable being hands on or not.

📲 In closing, list the names across the conventional platforms like Dan, Afternic, Sedo etc. Set uniform pricing; and be sure to factor the commission of every platform into your pricing on that platform. Submit the assets to all the “premium” marketplaces; and consider having your own lander where folks can reach you directly if they’d like.

🤝Good luck. Don’t hesitate to DM if you have questions in the future.

🗣Mel
QUAD Domains

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
@VivifyDomains @Bob Hawkes @QUAD DOMAINS Thank you all for the advice and setting me off on the right path.

Going to spend some time and do my research, it’s so reassuring knowing that this place and you guys are here to bounce ideas off.

Thank you 🙏

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back