IT.COM

domain snowscarf.com and trailfast.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Halifex

Impact
Okay, I was wondering how much I'd be able to get for those two...
I don't think I'll get too much, even though the appraisal system on GoDaddy was saying 1200$+- for snowscarf and 1400$+- for trailfast.
I just want to have a clearer picture of a more realistic price from people that are a lot more knowledgable in this industry.

I'll answer some questions concerning the two names:
1) Why did you acquire the domain names ?
A. My initial thought was... I wanted to invest in a domain name that I thought was good so I can sell it afterwards. I still haven't decided whether I'd like to sell it in the long run, after 5-6 months or a year+ or a lot sooner. If they're profitable enough in the long run, I'll stick to that.

2) Which market did you feel the name would be best suited in?
A. I believe snowscarf.com would be suitable for a site that's connected to selling clothes, mainly scarfs during the winter. (maybe not that great of an idea, i know). trailfast.com would most likely be suitable for some kind of service connected to tracking something fast, or at least that was my initial idea when this name occured to me. I don't even know how to explain it more clearly if this isn't exactly clear.. but yeah, I tried.

3) What have you researched about the domain? This usually includes the domain's previous sales history, comparable domain sales, similar domain listings for sale, and other registered extensions.
A. Well, this domain name has never been sold before I believe... Similar domain name that has been sold is, for example, orangescarf.com. It got sold for 1800$. As for similar domain listings for sale... I don't think I can provide an exact information on that, but I remember seeing similar names for different prices, going from 100$ up to a lot more.

4) Did you already have a value in mind for reselling to an end-user and/or reseller?
A. Well, I did get really surprised when the appraisal showed me that 4-digit sum of money. I didn't believe I'd be able to sell it for that much, which is also why I'm searching for some answers here from you guys.

5) Does the domain get any traffic?
A. Honestly, I don't even know. I'm pretty new to this, so all I was able to do is park my domain name (actually, when I went to park my domain name, I saw that it was already parked ? A site suddenly appeared and I was surprised at first. I guess it did it automatically for me ? But I still changed the "Parked" value to an IP address.)

6) Does the domain generate any revenue?
A. I don't think so.

7) What is the age of the domain?
A. I bought the two domain literally yesterday. I know that I'm supposed to wait a lot longer (months, even years, if somebody ever even likes you domain name) and that selling a domain doesn't happen super fast.

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
tl;dr

snowscarf.com - a scarf is a scarf.
trailfast.com - might be something brandable, submit it to the branding websites.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back