domain Snowfall in org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ikumar

Established Member
Impact
I think org kills the value to some extent but got to be of some value. Thoughts, please?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
We Canadians are experts in snowfall :xf.smile: (although in honesty where I now live, not so much!)

I like the word and .org extension to me seems strong. Certainly in actual use it is growing, one of the few, and the crypto craze has resulted in some huge sales in it. The average sales price in .org is more limited, though, with about $800 YTD in 2018 in the extension on NameBio.

With respect to snowfall, how do you see it being used - i.e. who might want it? That is THE question to ask for any domain name. To me I could see things like snow forecasts in ski areas, avalanche warnings, etc. as possibilities, or maybe one of the research organizations that study such things. It would be a great fit for a domain name in like climatology data but most are well established on a domain name. Now more generally, would someone brand on snowfall? Possibly.

I very briefly looked at NameBio. It sold exactly once, during the past week. I am presuming that is you :xf.wink:. I think you got it at a reasonable price BTW.

When I look at it anywhere, any time, it seems to have only sold once. I find that surprising, but it argues against the prospects.

When I search on Google, I get the recent TV series by the name (that I had not heard of before this) and a lot of snow related stories from news and warnings, in the first few pages.

I think prospects of selling are low, but if you can sell it that something low $$$$ is the initial asking price, with a likely selling price more in the median org range in the $$$ somewhere.

I think snowflake is a better word, and it has sold even exactly 6 times with an average price of $7266.

Best of luck with snowfall! I do think a creative branding/media company could come up with a great use for it, or if you price it right a non-profit in environment/climate change/science might like it.

Disclosure: I do own the exact word snowflake in one extension, not com nor org, so possibly conflict of interest, although I see the two words as having different potential uses. I have not owned any .org domains personally, although it is an extension I admire and follow closely.

Last edited:
•••
We Canadians are experts in snowfall :xf.smile: (although in honesty where I now live, not so much!)

I like the word and .org extension to me seems strong. Certainly in actual use it is growing, one of the few, and the crypto craze has resulted in some huge sales in it. The average sales price in .org is more limited, though, with about $800 YTD in 2018 in the extension on NameBio.

With respect to snowfall, how do you see it being used - i.e. who might want it? That is THE question to ask for any domain name. To me I could see things like snow forecasts in ski areas, avalanche warnings, etc. as possibilities, or maybe one of the research organizations that study such things. It would be a great fit for a domain name in like climatology data but most are well established on a domain name. Now more generally, would someone brand on snowfall. Possibly.

I very briefly looked at NameBio. It sold exactly once, during the past week. I am presuming that is you :xf.wink:. I think you got it at a reasonably price BTW.

When I look at it anywhere, any time, it seems to have only sold once. I find that surprising, but it argues against the prospects.

When I search on Google, I get the recent TV series by the name (that I had not heard of before this) and a lot of snow related stories from news and warnings, in the first few pages.

I think prospects of selling are low, but if you can sell it that something low $$$$ is the initial asking price, with a likely selling price more in the median org range in the $$$ somewhere.

I think snowflake is a better word, and it has sold even exactly 6 times with an average price of $7266.

Best of luck with snowfall! I do think a creative branding/media company could come up with a great use for it, or if you price it right a non-profit in environment/climate change/science might like it.

Disclosure: I do own the exact word snowflake in one extension, so possibly conflict of interest, although I see the two words as having different potential uses. I have not owned .org personally, although it is an extension I admire and follow closely.

Thank you @MetBob . This was helpful. I will try to outbound to Snowfall TV series first :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back