Status
Not open for further replies.

sarita

Established Member
Impact
Weather org domains have values as i registered my first org domain

"FlipCar"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Org domains can have value, but flipcar dot org doesn't

•••
•••
I'm also failing to see why it would have value.

•••
I found this domain in other extension too wheather they have value or not?

Or it is only org with no value

Last edited:
•••
org is more suitable for organisations, ngos, non profit..etc.
org is not suitable for companies and business, thats why flipcar not suitable for .org

•••
I found this domain in other extension too wheather they have value or not?

Or it is only org with no value
flipcar has very little value in any extension, period.

Last edited:
•••
•••
.org would fit nicely for a car sharing service. But .org usually suggests not for profit.
For a car dealership of some sort I would never use a .org.
I don't know what you had in mind.

•••
Thanks @Ostrados and @Kate for clarification. But i have seen some domains like cashforcars org and sellcar org sold in four five figures.

•••
When I see "flipcar", all I can think of is an overturned SUV with someone trapped inside. Sorry. :-P

•••
I don't see value in flipcar. With so many names available like carclips, frontflips, etc.....I think you could find a better name to invest in.

•••
But i have seen some domains like cashforcars org and sellcar org sold in four five figures.
Sure, but you can't make generalizations out of exceptions.
BTW the second name redirects to .com.

There is a market for .org domains, but certain niches will work better.

•••
I don't see value in flipcar. With so many names available like carclips, frontflips, etc.....I think you could find a better name to invest in.
Thanks for your suggestions sir.

•••
Sure, but you can't make generalizations out of exceptions.
BTW the second name redirects to .com.

There is a market for .org domains, but certain niches will work better.
Thanks sir

•••
Overall I agree with those who have said .org is not a good match for the term. However, as the OP points out CashForCars sold for $55,000 in 2013 and CheapCars for just under $3000 in 2011 and rental-cars for about the same in the extension in 2013. NewCars also sold in extension for $2000. SellCar and BuyCar (i.e.singular) also sold in .org, one for about $3000 and one about $100. There are also many non-profit sales related to car donation. The fact that some are used for redirection does not, in my opinion, alter the fact that good money was paid for the domain name.

So looking more carefully how good is Flip as part of the name? It is very common obviously in the domain community, and somewhat in the real estate field, but less so in cars. However it is used and a Google search shows many results and articles on effectively flipping cars.

Flip as part of the word has sold 6 times with .org extension, although most of those are not related to flipping products (things like flipped classroom, an education term popular of late). ConFlip did sell in .org for $2000 (although back in 2011).

I don't think it will be an easy sale but I see value in the range of high $$$ to very low $$$$ (which is typical of most .org sales incidentally). Good luck with it!

As I said at outset, instinctively I tend to agree with those who say flip, cars and.org not a good fit. However, when I look at the sales history, my views changed somewhat. I could well be wrong, of course. And often I am! :xf.grin:

Bob

•••
When I see "flipcar", all I can think of is an overturned SUV with someone trapped inside. Sorry. :-P
Lol. That was cheeky.

I think he was thinking more along the lines of flipping cars like we flip domains even though it doesn't make sense considering the .org extension amongst other things.

But thanks for making me laugh. Reminds me of an upturned turtle.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back