IT.COM

advice Snapnames still not handing over domains won

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bowskie

Established Member
Impact
I have won two domains at Snapnames auction (after being caught by them), one was paid for on the 29th of June and the other 10th of July.

For both domains Snapnames support have said this:

Thank you for contacting support.

We are currently experiencing a delay with domains transferring from certain registrars. We are aware of the issue and will have it resolved as soon as possible. We are very sorry for the delay and any inconvenience it may cause.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

For the first domain caught I have repeatedly asked them for an answer on what is going on an ETA on when I will have access to the domain. Each time they just say they are still working with the registrar that caught it and tell me to be patient and wait.

Now that this is happening again with a second domain I am wondering what my options are.

I am inclined to wait until next week to see what they say and if they still don't give me any information, call my credit card provider and ask them to charge back the amounts.

How would you guys handle this? Has anyone experienced this before with Snapnames?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Before asking for a chargeback, ask them to cancel the order. Give a time limit and say that if either domain is not transferred or the funds refunded, you'll be seeking a chargeback. Don't just go for a chargeback as that will almost certainly result in your account being suspended/banned

•••
Thanks Anantj.

I will try that and see how it goes.

•••
•••
Sent off an email and received both domains within a day or two.

They never responded with what was going on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back