IT.COM

discuss Snapnames/Namejet cancels a bunch of expired auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I noticed yesterday I got emails saying 33 domains that went through the auction process on snapnames/namejet were cancelled. I'm sure there are many, many more as this was only what I had backordered myself. I noticed there are several bidders on there who sometimes pay and sometimes don't and snapnames/namejet just keeps letting them bid and hope they pay. These bidders need to be banned, they are driving up prices and then picking and choosing what to actually pay for.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Shouldn't these go to the highest paying bidder? If one or more bidders fail to pay. Does this mean these domains will drop? I hate bidding on corrupt auctions.

•••
I noticed that too. Are these names going to drop?

I noticed there are several bidders on there who sometimes pay and sometimes don't and snapnames/namejet just keeps letting them bid and hope they pay.
Wow, this is interesting. Is it really allowed? Dropcatch at least bans people like this.

•••
I don't know why they keep letting this happen but they do. What seems to happen to these domains is snapnames/namejet holds on to them until they expire the following year where they will then be auctioned off.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back