IT.COM

Snapnames dead?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I think snapnames is dead?.

Did anyone catch any good domains recently from them?

Sarathy.s

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have not seem many people use them. Pool has done well for me in the past.

•••
caught fairies.org last month. Who else will you be pronouncing as dead, Sarathy? Just kidding. :p

•••
lol @ armstrong. You can also add dropwizard, i have been adding 100's of domain right from the day i started backordering 3 months before and not even a single domain was caught.:))

•••
wow, the list of bodies is growing :)

•••
i just caught 1 domain from snapnames. not sure how good is this domain...

now testing traffic.

•••
I got Nagasaki.org with snapnames..

•••
I got a three letter .net and 2bz.com w/ snapnames- 2out of eight, but the 6 missed were heavyweights. Still, 25% is good, but it's still wait and see w/ them. I am having a similar experience w/ DropWizard, Suthra. Not 100's of names but several and no action, other than being out bid on one name.
Pool kicks butt, but names there are at least $60 and once bidding begins ++... I've gotten good names w/ them, but no real bargains, and have done as well or better buying directly from DN sellers.

•••
Grrilla, How many turns can u assign the snap for a domain till it expires??

•••
Originally posted by g0ldy

If its from Snapnames, you get unlimited exchanges

•••
Ditto to .edu.
Will add that one of the tricks I'm learning is how to shuffle around names through exchanges to optimize the Snap credits .

It's a balancing act which includes a) Finding a suitable name when a selection falls through (not snapped or it is renewed before expiration), b) Making an exchange to upgrade due to finding a name of higher quality or a name closer to deletion date (knocks down the odds of it falling through) c) Moving fast because 905% of the good names go quickly when they near Expiration-sometimes reserved as far ahead as 9mos. d) doing all of the above by exchanging existing credits so as not to overbuy and get stuck when snap expires at end of a year. e) Finding a level for lowered expectations that allows an acceptable return on the $69 investment. D-: :blink: :tri:

Last edited:
•••
Clubdrop is heating up :o

•••
•••
I managed to get Bloggerz.com with a Snap I had bought with about 45 minutes left before it dropped last week and at least two people had it backordered at Pool.

So no I would not call them dead, but apparently its good some people think they might be lol.

•••
namewinner and enom is cool. Pool is not for budget bidders. Even a domain worth 100 dollars is inflated at pool. I still rely in snapname for some regional domains and have backordered with them.

•••
I just got Webmasterz.com through Snapnames, even though it had matching bids at pool, namewinner, and enom clubdrop. So no, snapnames isn't dead. Perhaps they are simply lucky with names ending in z? j/k :p

•••
:lol: great grab, armstrong :).

•••
Snaps has converted a lot of great .co.uk for me. But I do agree that Pool is not for budget acquisitions. People play proxies in the $1k incrementals.

•••
I hope it's not dead...I have about 10 snaps now and hope atleast they will be converted to WLS credits before they expire :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back