Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

yjann

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fantastic name.

Look at it from a 3-5 years perspective.
Park it. Keep it exposed to possible end users.
Put a price tag of high $$$$ to low $$$$$.

wait.
As and when the offer comes, negotiate properly.
This may sell according to me.

•••
Fantastic name.

Look at it from a 3-5 years perspective.
Park it. Keep it exposed to possible end users.
Put a price tag of high $$$$ to low $$$$$.

wait.
As and when the offer comes, negotiate properly.
This may sell according to me.

Thanks a lot for this, definitely will do so!
Would you prefer parking over a self designed landing page? Newbie that I am I found parking at sedo quite questionable when it comes to redirects to shady "You've won an Iphone" sites.
Probably I've had the wrong settings somewhere. Thanks again!

•••
Sedo is good I would say!
It has associated traffic and is better than your own landing page.

•••
Sedo is good I would say!
It has associated traffic and is better than your own landing page.

No doubt about them being 100% serious, just got scared off by the Windows alert designed pop up with an "Click here to get your win" button :xf.wink: Thanks Mate!

•••
Excellent name! Hold it for the right end-user. I would say High $$$$ - Low $$$$$.

•••
It's a VERY nice name @yjann . In an IoThings and AI world, the word smart is of course relevant, and device leaves it generic enough that there are a lot of potential purchasers. The extension io remains one of the more active in terms of after market sales.

I looked on Namebio to see what other names starting smart had sold for in io, and it was not as much as I had expected frankly. SmartEnergy sold last July for $555, SmartMove sold for $200 and SmartApp for $180 in August. Earlier in 2017 SmartFeed sold for $125. There were also sales of SmartTV and SmartGlasses, both for less than $200, but that was a few years ago. I also looked if the word SmartDevice has sold in any extension, and it has not. I also checked the .com and .net of the domain - someone currently trying to sell the .net.

I looked on GoValue (who suggest just over $3000 for the name in io) to see if they would bring up any other additional close comparators, and although some smart words not in io. They do show that SmartSense(.)co sold for $1999 which is encouraging.

So, if it was mine (not an expert opinion! -_-) I would probably price it low $$$$ but if a very high $$$ came along I would probably take it, partly considering the renewal costs and the chance that SmartDevice will look more and more generic each year (maybe good, maybe too generic) and the current interest in .io may wane. Best of luck no matter what you do.

Bob

ps I share your concern re questionable links on parking pages weaken quality interest in the name.

•••
Thanks a bunch for your time and wide looking evaluation @MetBob !
Especially your thought concerning the "smart device" becoming too generic / obsolete over time because what we now may consider smart will be just standard. Like an autonomous car will just be a car ;) Aiming for the process of progress making this name more and more valuable over the next two or three years. Thanks again, always surprised about this forum (y) Cheers!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back