Dynadot

domain SinglesVacations.com

NameSilo
Watch

B. T. White

Impact
Any appraisals would be appreciated. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any appraisals would be appreciated. Thanks.

•••
Low xxx if you sell.
if you can't, drop and move to better names.

•••
Thanks for the input. Not worth my time to sell at low xxx. I'll probably just drop it and move to better names.

•••
This name is good, I would list it at Afternic premium network with a price of $17,500. There is a big market for Vacations for Singles and very few other terms define it as exact as your name. The single version of the name is owned by a vacations website/business.

•••
Your plural version is better than the singular version, IMHO. I definitely would try for at least mid X,XXX

Last edited:
•••
Thank you all for the input.
Q: Which Domain marketplace(s) would you recommend for a newbie to list the name?

•••
I would also recommend not dropping. Sounds like a pretty good name. I'd list for mid $xxxx.

•••
The most important is to list with a "Buy Now" price on the Afternic Premium network. Once it is there, it will be on the search results of nearly every single major registrar. That is where all the end users start, at a registrar seeing if the name is taken while coming up with ideas. They may type it in after that.

Think about that for a minute, if a user is searching from GoDaddy.com, Epik.com, Register.com, NetworkSolutions.com, NameCheap.com, Dynadot.com, 1and1.com, name.com, or basically anywhere, they'll find you and they can make the purchase instantly with a credit card as an impulse buy. That is exposure to millions of people searching for domain names each month.

If you are just starting out, it is easiest to just keep the landing page at Afternic.

They do charge a 20% commission. Most people on here try to avoid commissions, including me, but in my opinion Afternic has some of the best agents in the industry. So for a name like this, just add 20% on to the price you want when you list it and see what happens.

•••
Thanks for all the good info above. I'm trying to learn and-develop my own strategies. I noticed that caribbeanvacations.com sold for $130,000 in 2007 and europeanvacations.com sold for $85,000 also in 2007. Estibot's keywords exact matches has "singles vacations" somewhere between these two sites. I realize that there are other factors at play, but has the domain name sales market changed that much in 12 years? I would think the.com names would be increasingly harder to get. Sorry, just asking while I'm learning.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back