IT.COM

strategy Single word dictionary domains strategy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LH1

Top Member
Impact
I see some fantastic single-word domains from time to time and am curious how such gems are discovered. Aftermarket I suppose but what are some ways in which you have tried to organically search for available single word dictionary domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No. For the last few years they've been limited to the aftermarket and drop-catching.

I'm pretty sure quite a few people have made programs to check through all dictionary words like they did for LLLL.com and NNNN.com, and then registered the ones that they liked. There might be an odd one left out like thoughtfulness.com, but I doubt anything of value is left available.

After all there are 171,476 words in the dictionary, and 456,976 LLLL.com.

•••
No. For the last few years they've been limited to the aftermarket and drop-catching.

I'm pretty sure quite a few people have made programs to check through all dictionary words like they did for LLLL.com and NNNN.com, and then registered the ones that they liked. There might be an odd one left out like thoughtfulness.com, but I doubt anything of value is left available.

After all there are 171,476 words in the dictionary, and 456,976 LLLL.com.
Prob 80% of those 171,476 words are regged

•••
Prob 80% of those 171,476 words are regged
For the .com extension I'd guess >99.99% of those are registered.

171,476 is a small amount of domains, when compared to something like the 456,976 LLLL.com that are all registered.

•••
I suspect that value depends on the potential use, and the possibility of being blocked by many ISPs. I have a single word dictionary name that relates to the biblical description of a sex act utilising the fundament, but I suspect that has a fairly low value. I did consider using it for a political site though. I didn't, as some ISPs will block all names on a multi-domain hosting plan if they feel the name is not family friendly, and this is regardless of the content.

•••
You'll see plenty by doing searches for them on ExpiredDomains.net, but I would agree that for the best ones you need to plan on drop catching them with NameJet/DropCatch or buying them on the aftermarket. There are plenty of dictionary words you can hand reg by using ExpiredDomains, but many of them suck (in .COM anyways)

•••
Though, there are billions of people on the planet and many more million on the internet/ cyberspace generally.
Comparatively, however, Those who are domain savvy are infinitesimal about the real consumer. When it comes to domaining, one-word dictionary species rocks truly as much as they are not easy to come by. Not easy doesn't however mean impossible. In my estimation, If one hasn't fine that suitable single dictionary word domain, It is either the person has not tried enough and consequently gave up easily or the domainer was defeated by a sad premonition that all such good names have been taken!

ADVICE
Have you ever placed a dictionary by the side whilst trying to get such names?
That's a formula! kindly use it and let's see how it goes.

Good luck!

•••
I have quite a few and they dont seem to sell. Just dropped chestiness .com. Its in grace period. If you want it for free I can send you the auth code.
I picked up most of mine from expired domains .net

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back