domain SimplyPortland.com Appraisals Wanted

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainDLR

Established Member
Impact
I “simply” stumbled across this available domain name, registered it and would appreciate some feedback on its possible value.

Research:
  • 10,900 Google Exact Match Page Results
  • Attached screenshot of Google Keyword Planner
  • Domain targets Portland, Oregon or Portland, Maine
  • It’s close to 6 years in age. Wayback Machine: February 2, 2011
  • Zero trademarks
  • SimplyOregon is currently for sale at HugeDomains for $3595
  • Possible Uses: Tourism, E-Commerce, Events, Local Real Estate, News, Local small business referral/reviews.
  • SImplySeattle is being currently used for e-commerce, selling Seattle related gifts.
Thanks to anyone for taking the time to review.

Attachments

• SS-434.jpg
    SS-434.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 42
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
32 views and not a single valuation? Hate it? Love it? Have any ideas for it? Something wrong with the post? :xf.confused:

•••
What hugedomains is selling and what they are pricing it at doesn't really matter. They are selling "bad" domains along with good ones just like all of us, but on a larger scale. (some bad ones might sell because it's kind of just a BIN numbers game). I guess you probably know this.

Anyway, simplyseattle sounds nice since it's alliterative. Maybe something like positivelyportland is ok, but only as a reg fee name for a small business or portal.
Not sure about yours. Might set a low BIN, maybe $250, and not renew it.

By the way, the landing page I see when I visit it says "it's taken in .com but may be available in other extensions. start your domain search." You might be better off using a lander that doesn't say that.

•••
Thanks for your thoughts. I realize the BIN game like you guessed. I also agree that the simplyseattle sounds better. Living up here in Portland, this purchase was a bit nostalgic for me. First domain I've bought that focuses on my city. Seems that "simply" + word has some potential in the market after looking through namebio and dnprices history.

I will get on that lander soon. (y)

Thanks again for your input.

•••
32 views and not a single valuation? Hate it? Love it? Have any ideas for it? Something wrong with the post? :xf.confused:
You'll be lucky to get a response. Most people don't bother.

Last edited:
•••
I think it's nice. It's easy to read and spell, it makes sense, Not sure of the value. Advertise it on some Portland sites.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back