Domain Empire

discuss SimpliDOit.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
SimpliDOit.com Curious, is this name brandable? I've accumulated about 75 Simpli.....com domains ranging from SimpliWine.com to SimpliSexy.com to SimpliDiamonds.com. While I've read/studied very little about branding, is it the mispelling of the word "simply" that makes this a brand? Thanks,

btw, if I were to develop SimpliDOit, it would be done as a "call to action" brand/domain. Also, I understand the "i" after the "o" in "DOit" is simpli a no no for most all domainers. Thanks again,

Bulloney

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I remember your article about the SimpliSecurity.com company commercial, and I thing without the commercial, you would hardly know that company, unless you see their cars around. IMO one word-misspell could work much better as brand able than two/three word. Would you pay for misspelled keyword domain, when you can hand registered as much as misspelled domains as you want for $12?
Good luck tho.
Happy New Year! Actually it was the "look" of the misspelling SimpliSafe that attracted me. While I've been able to buy around 75 of the Simpli domains that I liked, just as many were already gone.Most all the Simply with a "y" two word domains are sold, but I have been able to buy 10 for my portfolio.

And you're right, I would never have noticed that company unless the name were misspelled, and I do agree, the misspelling makes it more brandable.

Finally, I've been doing a fair amount of research on the word "simply" and as it turns out, it's a good descriptive word when used in combination with words like; safe, secure, amazing, sexy, Vegas, beautiful, casual, and the list goes on. Actually spelled with an "i" brings more attention to it, but more in a good way than a bad...jmo.

•••
Lol, current customer here. I was surprised too that they (CIBC) picked this over many other names that they could have had for their size.

3% interest and free interac transfers

They are wooing customers.
The website is super good too, I love them as my bank.

Simplii Free vs CIBC pay through the nose.

•••
They have an animation where the double ii goes to a percentage sign.

I cannot upload it but it looks really cool.

Here it is without the animation, they are really playing the double i
sim3.png

•••
•••
•••
I wish you good luck, Rich! I've never heard of anyone in the domaining world who has manufactured demand for a specific type of brandable name. If you're able to do it, I feel like it would be pretty revolutionary.

I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress. Would be interesting to read up on all the steps you're taking to build interest in these names.

•••
I wish you good luck, Rich! I've never heard of anyone in the domaining world who has manufactured demand for a specific type of brandable name. If you're able to do it, I feel like it would be pretty revolutionary.

I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress. Would be interesting to read up on all the steps you're taking to build interest in these names.

Thanks Joe...and Happy New Year:happy:

•••
Thanks so much for that fascinating excerpt from the book @Kate ! It sounds like that is a really interesting book on some of the history of domain names. I hope to do more reading on domain name investing in 2018 - do you have other titles that you would recommend to me and others who are newish to the domain investing game? Thanks so much! Or if a book list has already been done somewhere, if someone can point me to where it is on NamePros!

•••
Thanks so much for that fascinating excerpt from the book @Kate ! It sounds like that is a really interesting book on some of the history of domain names. I hope to do more reading on domain name investing in 2018 - do you have other titles that you would recommend to me and others who are newish to the domain investing game? Thanks so much! Or if a book list has already been done somewhere, if someone can point me to where it is on NamePros!

The book of domaing......

In my book there is only one thing to remember

IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE TO RENEW DOMAINS THAN IT IS TO BUY THEM.
Even two dollar registrations are not deals when you have to renew them the following year. Choose as if you were at renewal time when deciding what domains to register.

Last edited:
•••

Bob...while Ms. Kate's motto is "Thinking Inside the Box", mine is ElxactiTheOpposite. Ms. Kate doesn't like me very much because I challenge her every move. Ever since she and attorney John Berryhill Falseli accused me of being a crook and not apologizing, she's Definateli not one of my favorite members.

I just luv her warning here about some Belgian Physician who managed to buy a couple hundred thousand domains with the following theme; 24Hour.......com. Well, I'm sure Ms. Kates intent was to compare Mr. Belgian's obsession with mine, or anyone else who may discover a "niche", and attempt to exploit it. To compare me with the likes of the Belgian Physician is akin to comparing apples and oranges.

Bob...I registered the domain/brand SimpliWaterfront.com a few minutes ago. Reason why? Last night, at a New Years Eve party a buddy of mine wanted to see if SimpliRealEstate.com was available? It wasn't, so because so many of the properties in Chesapeake/Atlantic Ocean area where we live are waterfront, I thought I'd check to see if SimpliWaterfront.com is available....and Voila! As an aside, I also own SimpliH20.com with limitless possibilities.

At last count I own about 100 what I would consider to be TLD's that are SimpliBrandable imho. And my motto/slogan has become; "You simpli can't dot a "y":xf.frown: like you can an "i":xf.grin:.

Bulloney

•••
To compare me with the likes of the Belgian Physician is akin to comparing apples and oranges.
No, comparing apples to an orchard :xf.grin:

•••
•••
Simplii Financial just launched recently

https://www.simplii.com

The sub of an i for a y is going mainstream.
Shocked me that they used the double i i

Show attachment 76253

"The sub of an i for a y is going mainstream."

Is this what makes it brandable? I'm not sure if you noticed, but I just picked up H20Safety.com with a "y" and GunSafeti.com with an "i". Would either of these be any more brandable than the other? Would like others opinions as well. Thank's

•••
Did you buy H20Safety.com with the 0 being a zero or a capital O? I would think with a O it is a pretty valuable domain, since that is the correct science wise, but it seems to be for sale at HugeDomains so I presume that it is with a 0? Good luck with it either way?

They are not what people conventionally mean by brandable, perhaps, although in a sense GunSafeti is near to one. I generally like the i instead of y to make something brandable, but not as sure with GunSafety.

Anyway, Happy New Year and thanks for sharing innovative thinking!

•••
Did you buy H20Safety.com with the 0 being a zero or a capital O? I would think with a O it is a pretty valuable domain, since that is the correct science wise, but it seems to be for sale at HugeDomains so I presume that it is with a 0? Good luck with it either way?

They are not what people conventionally mean by brandable, perhaps, although in a sense GunSafeti is near to one. I generally like the i instead of y to make something brandable, but not as sure with GunSafety.

Anyway, Happy New Year and thanks for sharing innovative thinking!

Bob, it's with a zero ie the #0 behind the name. Interesting that HugeDomains has it for sale with the letter "O". I'll try to find it, but in case I can't how much are they asking?

I haven't purchased any domains today, but here are two that I was playing around with, VitaBerri.com and BerryVita.com. I live on Blueberry Road and it was Fats Domino who passed in 2017 who sang, I found my Thrill on Blueberrry Hill. The berri with an "i" could be dotted with a strawberry:xf.grin: to make it more brandable? I was trying not to buy any more domains, but I think I may have to buy VitaBerri...yes, I'm addicted. Thanks for sharing your brand thoughts.

•••
•••
Sorry for delay in response, was away from domaining most of a day - probably a good thing lol!

They are asking $3695. The link is here:

https://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=h2osafety&e=com
No problem...I'd already checked it out. I never even thought of getting it with the letter "o", and it wouldn't have been available anyway.It's sort of uncanny how I was able to buy the name because I was looking for H20Safeti, with the "i", and since I generally compare the GoDaddy appraisal using the "y" and the "i", that's when I discovered it available with the "y". Thanks Bob:xf.wink:

•••
I remember your article about the SimpliSecurity.com company commercial, and I thing without the commercial, you would hardly know that company, unless you see their cars around. IMO one word-misspell could work much better as brand able than two/three word. Would you pay for misspelled keyword domain, when you can hand registered as much as misspelled domains as you want for $12?
Good luck tho.
Comment from one of the most highly recognized and respected registrar's in the domain business, "on Simpli, seems to be a good prefix for brandable.......".
It's always good to get confirmation of your suspicions.

•••
Good luck tho.
Good luck tho.
Here's what the founder of one of the leading domain registrars in the world said about the brand, "On Simpli, it seems a good prefix for a brand," This simpli confirmed my suspicion about domains like SimpliSafe.

Bulloney

•••
Here's what the founder of one of the leading domain registrars in the world said about the brand, "On Simpli, it seems a good prefix for a brand," This simpli confirmed my suspicion about domains like SimpliSafe.

Bulloney

Have you parked all yours simpli domains? If so, what's the traffic per each? Thanks.

•••
Have you parked all yours simpli domains? If so, what's the traffic per each? Thanks.

Not yet...I'm so new at this,I'm just learning about parking. That said however, I understand it's not what it use to be with regards to generating income. Regardless, I'd expect the traffic to be minimal until such time I proactively create traffic.

•••
Keep in mind that a registrar's core business concern is that people register names - however good or foolish those names might be.

Last edited:
•••
Keep in mind that a registrar's core business concern is that people register names - however good or foolish those names might be.

lol, I wasn't born yesterday, but it sounds like you may have been:xf.grin:

Bulloney

•••
•••
snakeoiil.com is available to register (y)

So is SimpliDelusional.com....just can't figure out how to dot an "i' with a monkey turd.

"You simpli can't dot a "y" like you can an "i"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back