NameSilo

tips Simple Domain Valuation Equation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandPlease

BrandPlease.comTop Member
Impact
Hi All,

Been a good week, just had a sale close on BB today, in a good mood & wanted to share:

With so many confused about domain valuation, we figured offering a simple valuation equation would make it much easier for all.:

See below and life will be easy and figuring out your domain value should be a breeze!

Nice and easy now? hahahaha, I shouldn't be giving this secret away.

The simple domain value equation:

Conceptually, the sales price P of domain i is split into three components:

upload_2019-4-11_19-14-18.png

where SLD and TLD capture the quality of each SLD and TLD. Time dynamics enter the equation through Dt. Differencing transactions that share the same SLD cancels out the SLD component:

upload_2019-4-11_19-15-5.png

which leads to an equation that can be empirically tested in a regression:

upload_2019-4-11_19-15-27.png

Look up Thies Lindenthal, paper (this is from)called: Valuable Words: The Price Dynamics of Internet Domain Names. interesting stuff to learn.

Enjoy,
Brian

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a domain name is worth to a buyer
related to the enhancement of his future profit
caused by that domain name

so how can you calculate the future profit
of an unknown buyer?

BS

EXACTLY.

NOW I want a butterfly.net

•••
•••
All these Formulas and Equations are BS. No amount of equation can calculate the mind of unknown buyers. So, just give it a rest :xf.cool:

•••
I don't think any mathematical formula will be suitable for domains appraisals, domains are very different from Real Estates in many aspects, one of the biggest differences is that you can find a domain worth a lot and another very close variant worth $0 because of an extra "s", this does not happen in real estates, you can't have a house worth $0 because it has an extra window!

The only way to automate domain appraisals is to feed an AI with all the knowledge of a professional domain investor. After that you will need to train the AI on a huge set of domain appraisal tasks, after many trials the AI will learn from the deviations in the errors and overtime it will become more accurate.

•••
I don't think any mathematical formula will be suitable for domains appraisals, domains are very different from Real Estates in many aspects, one of the biggest differences is that you can find a domain worth a lot and another very close variant worth $0 because of an extra "s", this does not happen in real estates, you can't have a house worth $0 because it has an extra window!
This really got me :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

The only way to automate domain appraisals is to feed an AI with all the knowledge of a professional domain investor. After that you will need to train the AI on a huge set of domain appraisal tasks, after many trials the AI will learn from the deviations in the errors and overtime it will become more accurate.

Even at that, you still can't feed the AI with customer's mindsets and needs. These are the greatest factors that influences domain worth.

•••
Here is the formula on NP

- One word dictionary name - $500
- LLLL.com pronounceable - $200
- About to expire - $2
- Anything else $10-$20

•••
SIgh.... OP doesn't define SLD, TLD, or D. And even then, assigning values to these 3 variables are the hard part.

"Not counting the losses, we're ahead!"

•••
One day AI will be better domainer than all humans

•••
•••
SIgh.... OP doesn't define SLD, TLD, or D. And even then, assigning values to these 3 variables are the hard part.

"Not counting the losses, we're ahead!"
OP's formula is cumbersome and has no Algebraic basis. He is mathematically incompetent

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back