IT.COM

.tv Significant changes to .cc, .tv, and .bz

NameSilo
Watch

VisualArtistFrankBonilla

Visual Artist Frank BonillaVIP Member
Impact
Significant changes to .cc, .tv, and .bz Dec 14,2004

If you go to the www.VeriSign.com website, they are stating that in December 2004, "significant changes will be made to the business rules for .cc, .tv, and .bz domains. The rules will be modified to match .com and .net domains. Registrars selling these domains will be required to update their systems."

Sounds like to me www.VeriSign.com has the power to help push and promote the domain extensions they own.

Seems like this is a good thing for those domainers who have been registering .tvs, .cc's, and even the .bz's. Don't take my word, go to www.VeriSign.com/products-services/...vices/naming-services/cctlds/page_001739.html, and see for yourself. Tell me if I am right, or wrong?
Any comments out there? Seems like a big change to me.

Begins December 14,2004.

Frank D-:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where on the site...?

-Allan

•••
Consolidated TLD Platform Dec 14

IAmAllanShore said:
Where on the site...?

-Allan

1) Click on Naming & Directory (left hand side)

2) Click on Domain Name Registry Services

3) See CCTlds/ click on "Consolidated Platform"

Frank

•••
Hmm.. I think .CC might be going big but its just a big gamble. :blink:

Wish they would drop that price and more would be registered :)

•••
i hope they drop the price as well. It will be the only way to get people using them

•••
Nice post! Thanks! Just registered golfclub.cc! ;)

knarfmusik said:
If you go to the www.VeriSign.com website, they are stating that in December 2004, "significant changes will be made to the business rules for .cc, .tv, and .bz domains. The rules will be modified to match .com and .net domains. Registrars selling these domains will be required to update their systems."

Sounds like to me www.VeriSign.com has the power to help push and promote the domain extensions they own.

Seems like this is a good thing for those domainers who have been registering .tvs, .cc's, and even the .bz's. Don't take my word, go to www.VeriSign.com/products-services/...vices/naming-services/cctlds/page_001739.html, and see for yourself. Tell me if I am right, or wrong?

Begins December 14,2004.

Frank D-:

•••
dgridley said:
Nice post! Thanks! Just registered golfclub.cc! ;)

knarfmusik said:

Begins December 14,2004.

Frank D-:
good lcuk

•••
12/14/04 .cc, .tv, and .bz changes again!!

knarfmusik said:

Begins December 14,2004.

Frank D-:

I thought I would bring this thread up again, in case anyone wants to review the announced 12/14/04 changes to .cc, .tv, and .bz domains!!! Let's all pray maybe they will be dropping the prices too!!

Frank

•••
Will they allow .tv registrar transfers?

•••
davezan said:
Will they allow .tv registrar transfers?
I don't think so, not today. Even .tv corp is down, making changes.

Frank

•••
Hm...I'm thinking they might not allow people to register 2 letter .bz anymore just like .com/.net? Woah!!

Flora.

•••
MissFlora said:
Hm...I'm thinking they might not allow people to register 2 letter .bz anymore just like .com/.net? Woah!!

Flora.

I don't think so.... but you never know. They are back on by the way... the .cc's, .bz's, and .tv's.. Checked www.Registerfly.com at 8:39pm pst

Frank

•••
Back at GoDaddy and Enic.cc is back up as well...

I wonder what changes were made and how they affect us as the end user?

knarfmusik said:
I don't think so.... but you never know. They are back on by the way... the .cc's, .bz's, and .tv's.. Checked www.Registerfly.com at 8:39pm pst

Frank

•••
Hmmm.

dgridley said:
Back at GoDaddy and Enic.cc is back up as well...

I wonder what changes were made and how they affect us as the end user?

I tried reading some of it, but it's too complicated.... good rumor though... 1 year from www.GreatDomains.com will be no longer!!!!! Something about www.Verisign.com , and their "Name Store Merchants"!!!! They will give the "Name Store Merchants" all of the names of people who had names on GD. Ha!!! Another conspiracy!!!

See if we can start something with that one!!!

:!: :!:
Frank

•••
I was hoping for a major marketing push and lowered reg prices :(

Not sure what you mean re: Name Store Merchants.. what did you hear in that respect again?

My domains finally made the GD listing today (after a week of waiting!)...

knarfmusik said:
I tried reading some of it, but it's too complicated.... good rumor though... 1 year from www.GreatDomains.com will be no longer!!!!! Something about www.Verisign.com , and their "Name Store Merchants"!!!! They will give the "Name Store Merchants" all of the names of people who had names on GD. Ha!!! Another conspiracy!!!

See if we can start something with that one!!!

:!: :!:
Frank

•••
dgridley said:
I was hoping for a major marketing push and lowered reg prices :(

Not sure what you mean re: Name Store Merchants.. what did you hear in that respect again?

My domains finally made the GD listing today (after a week of

waiting!)...

Congrats on the domains!!! All of a sudden, mine are nada.. nada.. nada...hmmm.

Just picking out bits and pieces from their website. Maybe we will see them showing up here, and there.

Frank

•••
The new Business Rules for .cc, .tv and .bz will match those of .com and .net

1) Consolidated Grace Periods (Add, Renew, AutoRenew and Transfer)
2) SYNC Command Functionality
3) Redemption Grace Period (View Delete Lifecycle Chart*)
4) Redemption period status and pending delete status
5) Automated Restore command and reports
6) Additional: Transfer process will utilize the EPP Poll Queue (no more email messages)

Applies only to those registrars utilizing the Name Store Interface
1) Daily, weekly, and monthly reports available on the FTP server
2) NCC Tool functionality
3) Web-based tool
4) Ability to delegate sub-users
5) Ability to view your account balance

Looks very good to me though there are no changes made regarding registration of the new extensions (both prices and letter-wise).

Regards,
Flora. *<|

•••
www.GreatDomains.com

MissFlora said:
The new Business Rules for .cc, .tv and .bz will match those of .com and .net

1) Consolidated Grace Periods (Add, Renew, AutoRenew and Transfer)
2) SYNC Command Functionality
3) Redemption Grace Period (View Delete Lifecycle Chart*)
4) Redemption period status and pending delete status
5) Automated Restore command and reports
6) Additional: Transfer process will utilize the EPP Poll Queue (no more email messages)

Applies only to those registrars utilizing the Name Store Interface
1) Daily, weekly, and monthly reports available on the FTP server
2) NCC Tool functionality
3) Web-based tool
4) Ability to delegate sub-users
5) Ability to view your account balance

Looks very good to me though there are no changes made regarding registration of the new extensions (both prices and letter-wise).

Regards,
Flora. *<|

Did you see any thing about www.GreatDomains.com going bye bye, due to the new Name Stores??? All Verisign strategy, of course.

Frank

•••
Do you mean changing of tld platforms? I don't understand why it cause greatdomains to "byebye" though...It is just a change of software from EPP v0.5 to EPP v1.0.

Flora.

•••
MissFlora said:
Do you mean changing of tld platforms? I don't understand why it cause greatdomains to "byebye" though...It is just a change of software from EPP v0.5 to EPP v1.0.

Flora.
I was reading through some of that stuff (whew, too much for me!). I thought I read something about the Name Stores would be given the names of all those who had names on www.GreatDomains.com, to contact, and try to list at their stores?? Can't remember where....if you got the time.......and wanna look...

Frank :blink:

•••
I don't see great domains anywhere in the rules and regulations though. Maybe you daydream too much for "great domains", knarf. LOL.

Flora.

•••
MissFlora said:
I don't see great domains anywhere in the rules and regulations though. Maybe you daydream too much for "great domains", knarf. LOL.

Flora.

You are right. I keep wishing...anna hoping.....

Frank

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back