IT.COM

discuss Show Me Your .Tips!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
.tips is another extension that I questioned, however I've changed my thinking.Keeping end users and lead generation in mind, here are some domain tips:

Gourmet.tips
Landscape.tips
Tire
.tips
Leadership.tips
TuneUp.tips

Lets discuss....show me your tips:xf.grin:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
4 2 0 .tips
4 1 1 .tips
2 4 7 .tips

•••
4 2 0 .tips
4 1 1 .tips
2 4 7 .tips
DN....are those area codes? I guess 411 is info? Plans to develop any of them?

I see where schwartz the domain king really likes my "Show me your Tips!" thread. This from a guy who paid 200K for the GTLD flowers.mobi:xf.wink:....no wonder he has such a chip on his shoulder:xf.eek:

I have plans to take my .tips to "end users" like Scotts for Landscape.tips, to Goodyear for Tire.tips, and to Advanced Auto Parts for Tuneup.tips.

Thanks again DN(y)

•••
DN....are those area codes? I guess 411 is info? Plans to develop any of them?
Hi @Bulloney,

Sometimes it's difficult to find 3-Number (all numbers) domain names as there are only 999 per extension. I did not register them as area codes (although they might be somewhere in the world) -- they are just 3-Numbers that I thought could have meaning (where I am in the USA) and can go with the .tips extension based on interpretation...

2 4 7 = around the clock 24/7 Tips on just about anything (i.e. 24 hours per day, 7 days per week)
4 1 1 = as you pointed out that means "information" (but "information" .tips does sound redundant - LOL)
4 2 0 = a popular date/number for a growing field (as it becomes legalized)

imho - your names fit well with the extension (Landscape, Tire, Tuneup, etc...). If the extension can catch on as a source of "informational tips", then some of these generic names could be developed. I suppose that is true with many of the new extensions -- it just takes some forward thinking, some faith, and a little bit of luck (and the funds to renew them, on an annual basis) :)

Regards,
DN

p.s. I also own 3 other .tips (6 total). The other 3 are of my children's first names -- in case they ever wanted to start a blog or something providing tips... I Just haven't found the right moment to gift them to my children yet.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
i think we can use this for blogs

•••
advertizing dot tips
sell dot tips
prison dot tips
publicity dot tips
promoting dot tips
swap dot tips
fighting dot tips
webmaster dot tips
traffic dot tips

A favorite keyword in general for me as have tips with dot coms.

Last edited:
•••
advertizing dot tips
sell dot tips
prison dot tips
publicity dot tips
promoting dot tips
swap dot tips
fighting dot tips
webmaster dot tips
traffic dot tips

A favorite keyword in general for me as have tips with dot coms.
Like "theceo" said before you, the best of these domains could make good Blogs. Good Luck!

•••
Where possible it would be even better if you also grabbed the "Word" + Tips with the .COM extension.

Example: if you register Landscape.tips, then check if LandscapeTips.com is available (for good combinations the "Word" + Tips.com will most likely be taken, but it doesn't hurt to check).

•••
I totally agree, unfortunately LandscapeTips .com was gone:xf.frown: I just picked up Shipping.tips, and it's .com equivalent is gone as well. It appraises at GD for $3,299 which I know is a joke:xf.rolleyes:, but who knows? Maybe Fedex and UPS are running up the bid, lol!

•••
As you renew them in your ignorance just wish I owned the registry (actually not, couldn't sleep at night) good luck champ, your gonna need it :)

•••
As you renew them in your ignorance just wish I owned the registry (actually not, couldn't sleep at night) good luck champ, your gonna need it :)
Wow! Ever hear of risk vs. reward? I paid a whopping 6.88 to own Shipping Tips as a possible lead generator name for the likes of a Fedex or UPS, and you don't think the risk is worth the potential reward? I guess you have nothing better to do....thanks for your ignorance:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
i have sold my .tips domains

•••
Apparently it didn't get thru the first time, so here it is again "champ":

•••
.tips is another extension that I questioned, however I've changed my thinking.Keeping end users and lead generation in mind, here are some domain tips:

Gourmet.tips
Landscape.tips
Tire
.tips
Leadership.tips
TuneUp.tips

Lets discuss....show me your tips:xf.grin:
Gourmet.tips and Leadership.tips are actually pretty good new gTLD combos ... I do not see many alternatives for those and they make lot of sense. With the small standard renewal of around $15 at many registrars, those are names which I would renew for 2-3- years ahead at least, if they would be mine, as I would expect that will make nice profit.
Nice domains :)

•••
Basically I don't own any .tips

I learned my lesson with ngtlds! :banghead:

•••
•••
I have sold most of mine (rather cheap) but I still have 111.tips. Not a very good name...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back