Watch

Atmosphere Global

neomvacation.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have:
víp.com
7CCAF46C-6B06-41C8-AA89-A3D1B3886904.jpeg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, that's a 10 character domain name.

•••
My thread it is not for discussion. It is for people to show their domains.

Have a look at the thread, people show their names, discusses if required, domain sales etc same thing. Change the title to "Show your IDN names" so people know.

•••
Hold your horses people. Whatever your opinion is on IDN domains, I respect that.

All I'm saying is, technically it's not a 3 letter domain. It's either a 3 letter IDN. Or a 10 character domain. Not a 3 letter domain. Major difference.

•••
I dont think any end user would want this type of domain for their Business, which would be a hard time for them to expand, as normal users around the world would have a hard time trying to figure out how to type that "í" on their keyboards in the first place. But on the other hand if the end user owns the normal VIP.com then they could buy this one to redirect traffic to their website..but still I dont think anyone in the world would use "í" instead of "i" which brings me to a dead end conclusion, that this domain is worthless..

This is the Correct IDN: XN--VP-NJA.COM

•••
•••
•••
i got ödp.com

don't tell me thats not a regular domain

That's NOT a regular domain. You guys should stop posting wrong info here as it could harm new domainers.

•••
•••
Exactly my thoughts, if that was considered a 3L then I think a lot of people would be on a beach retired by now.

•••

no thats a 3 character domain name

í is a regular latin letter

Í, í (i-acute) is a letter in the Faroese, Hungarian, Icelandic, Czech, Slovak, and Tatar languages, where it often indicates a long /i/ vowel (ee in english word feel). This form also appears in Catalan, Irish, Italian, Occitan, Portuguese, Spanish, Galician, Leonese, Navajo, and Vietnamese language as a variant of the letter “i”. In Latin, the long i ⟨ꟾ⟩ is used instead of ⟨í⟩ for a long i-vowel.

Last edited:
•••
i got ā.com and its a single latin letter domain

•••
•••
No, it's language native script, translated to ASCII text that makes up a 10 character domain. That's not a 3 letter domain.

Actually "í" is a letter I use on my keyboard 100x per day. In this case I would call it "3 character IDN'

•••
•••
what is a normal keyboard ?
do you have a smartphone ?
press the a and hold it

on my keyboard is : äöü regular

Ärzte.de sold for 56.000.-Euro
Show attachment 137637

saying that Ärzte.de was sold for so and so and also arguing that domain "víp.com" is a 3 letter domain on the basis of that sold name is totally out of context here.
I would say to not go like this as this wont be good sign for new domainers. we all are here to talk some sense that actually works.

•••
3E36E2A7-61CC-4DBD-A56D-8EE2127E4671.jpeg

The thread is for displaying 3 letter domains. Víp is 3 letters although then take another path to get there use 3 letters. I see many talking without knowing the value of the IDN I put this even if it does not have to do with the original topic.

Last edited:
•••
We all knew what we were getting into when we clicked on the link. Let’s be honest.

•••
•••
like i said : you are trapped in a Cave :xf.wink:

I'm quite comfortable in my cosy little cave, thank you.

Mods decided to change the title to reflect we're not talking about regular domains.

I'd say: mission accomplished. I'm out.

•••
No, it's language native script, translated to ASCII text that makes up a 10 character domain. That's not a 3 letter domain.

on my keyboard its 3 letter - thats fact

•••
I didn't say it's wrong, I'm just saying practically nobody uses Latin letters anymore especially in domain name which would be hard to type in on a normal keyboard. And imagine you have a website with Víp.com, 99.99% people would type in the normal VIP.com rather that the Latin one...so it's all about practicality and avoiding confusion.

press the a and hold it

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-01 um 20.24.37.png

•••
I didn't say it's wrong, I'm just saying practically nobody uses Latin letters anymore especially in domain name which would be hard to type in on a normal keyboard. And imagine you have a website with Víp.com, 99.99% people would type in the normal VIP.com rather that the Latin one...so it's all about practicality and avoiding confusion.

IDN got very good sales in the past

Víp is a made up but in many european languages are ä ö ü or whatever

•••
press the a and hold it

Show attachment 137637
Well, on PC keyboard I was referring to. And I agree that in certain countries in might work well..anyways good luck on explaining a non native how to type it in or how to pronounce it..and expanding the business beyond your native country/countries.

•••
if you have an apple keyboard than press the a and hold

who decide what is IDN ?

Fact : its wrong

it,s 3 regular lating letter

IDN is NONSENSE

ICANN does.

It's not nonsense. Without IDNs these kind of domains would not work, it would not be possible for them to resolve. It's the way the internet is designed.

You can debate wether these characters can be concidered part of the alphabet all day long but when it comes to domains, they are not letters.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back