Dynadot

Should we start a Revolution @ Trademarks ? ™ © ® ™

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

☀ Should we start a Revolution @ Trademarks ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes of course

votes
    53.3%
  • No of course not

votes
    46.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Should we start a Revolution @ Trademarks ?

Yes , i think we should

™ © ® ™

Here is my Story

I bought the domain : dsds.tv @ Sedo.de for around 300.-$

A few weeks later RTL germany took the domain away from me
RTL germany has a TV show called : dsds ( Deutschland Sucht den Superstar )

WTF

A trademark, trade mark', or trade-mark is a recognizable sign, design, or expression which identifies products or services of a particular source from those of others, although trademarks used to identify services are usually called service marks.
The trademark owner can be an individual, business organization, or any legal entity. A trademark may be located on a package, a label, a voucher, or on the product itself. For the sake of corporate identity, trademarks are often displayed on company buildings.

What is a trademark and what does it protect?

Trademarks, copyrights, and patents protect different types of intellectual property. A trademark typically protects brand names and logos used on goods and services. A copyright protects an original artistic or literary work. A patent protects an invention.

What does it mean to have a TM ?
Why does a TM include any domain ?

let,s start on the TM : Apple

there are more than 400 TM for the term : Apple ( and these are not only Apple computer )
Should every supermarket now be sued for selling Apples ?

How is it even possible to TM the term Apple ?

what about NOKIA ?

there is a Car named : KIA
there is a company named NOKIA

this is insane

i was so happy when i heard that Rick Schwartz lost his case on DomainKing.biz

first : nobody has the right to be a King
second : that he even got the TM on DomainKing was wrong
third : nobody need,s a King

Did you know that you can delete a TM ?
Did you know that there are so many categries to get a TM ?

for Example : you even can get a TM Facebook for perfume or soap

to the point

What do you think about TM ?

i don,t like any kind of TM and i will fight them !

So , let,s start a Revolution

First come first serve

trademark2.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Trademarks
What is a trademark?
A trademark is a sign capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one enterprise from those of other enterprises. Trademarks are protected by intellectual property rights.

Who decide what is a TM and what not ???

People only want your money
they don,t care

•••
Because some people abuse TM. this is including big co.
This what i was talking about: big co. TM one name but used it in multi operation.
Example: it used to be just basic Apple monitor: now it expanded it to all kinds of products and using One popular trademark name. And this goes to Google also. Google main operation was search engine, now expanding it to car, drone etc...

•••
Trademarks
What is a trademark?
A trademark is a sign capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one enterprise from those of other enterprises. Trademarks are protected by intellectual property rights.

Who decide what is a TM and what not ???

People only want your money
they don,t care

•••
•••
DSDS looks like acronym to me. There was a report from OnlineDomain about a company from UK or Germany etc.. filing all kinds of bugus TM.

•••
Paris loses another domain name dispute

City files UDRP and doesn’t even meet the “confusingly similar” test.

The city of Paris (Ville de Paris) continues to have trouble understanding trademarks and domain name law.

It just lost another domain name dispute, this time for permislib.net.

In this case, the panel found that Permislib.net wasn’t confusingly similar to any mark in which the complainant was claiming rights. Through a partnership, the city has a service called Autolib. But autolib and permislib aren’t very similar.

Paris has a long history of badgering domain name owners. It once convinced a rogue panelist to transfer the domain name Parvi.org in a UDRP. That decision was overturned in a U.S. court and Ville de Paris was found to have engaged in reverse domain name hijacking.

The city has also gone after anyone with Paris in their domain names, including Paris.com, Paris.tv and even WifiParis.com.

•••
did you know that you can,t list a domain with the term : Paris @ Sedo ?
they don,t accept that because of a TM

Paris is a very old name

Paris (Ancient Greek: Πάρις), also known as Alexander (Ἀλέξανδρος, Aléxandros), the son of Priam and Hecuba, the king and queen of Troy, appears in a number of Greek legends. Probably the best-known was his elopement with Helen, queen of Sparta, this being one of the immediate causes of the Trojan War.
Later in the war, he fatally wounds Achilles in the heel with an arrow, as foretold by Achilles’s mother, Thetis. The name Paris is probably Luwian and comparable to Pari-zitis attested as a Hittite scribe's name.

So who is able to get the TM of Paris !?!?

•••
Paris, is a common name. can be a name of bird, dog cat man rat .raccoon .. This co. got a going on....

•••
Paris, is a common name. can be a name of bird, dog cat man rat .raccoon .. This co. got a going on....

yes
and there is a TM on that ...

Trademark departments are weird ( strange )

they even don,t proof a TM
they just take you money

•••
•••
Just need brutally honest lawyers and brutally panel members.
I know for sure if I was a domain lawyers or a panel member. Your big bank is not going to move me.

•••
Check out Nissan TM dispute results.

•••
I visited Yahoo TM claims; OMG... ... Really Yahoo!

•••
Here is my Story

I bought the domain : dsds.tv @ Sedo.de for around 300.-$

A few weeks later RTL germany took the domain away from me
RTL germany has a TV show called : dsds ( Deutschland Sucht den Superstar )

WTF

Interesting. First, the key question: did you bother to respond to their UDRP claim?

Second: starting a revolutuon, you might want to learn what the different signs - ™ © ® - stand for. Or not. Just a thought :rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
•••
Interesting. Key question: did you bother to respond to their UDRP claim?

in germany you have to pay the lawyer even to take the case
and they are expensive
and the case was decided by german panelist

•••
in germany you have to pay the lawyer even to take the case
and they are expensive

Scamm bug; they could of pretend they are in court filing etc.. TM scamm.
You should have deleted the name?

Last edited:
•••
another story

i registered in 2014 the domains:

lefigaro.paris
le-figaro.paris

both are generic terms

the same story

blocked by nameshield after weeks and transferred to lefigaro.com

i don,t like TM

•••
in germany you have to pay the lawyer even to take the case and they are expensive

Disputing a UDRP does not require the services of a lawyer. You have many rights, including protesting selected panelists. Not responding to a UDRP claim usually ends in the domain being awarded to the claimant, whether deserved or not! Starting a revolution, it's a good idea to be knowledgeable on the subject matter in hand ;)

•••
Disputing a UDRP does not require the services of a lawyer. You have many rights, including protesting selected panelists. Not responding to a UDRP claim usually ends in the domain being awarded to the claimant, whether deserved or not! Starting a revolution, it's a good idea to be knowledgeable on the subject matter in hand ;)

i done a lot
but they even don,t listen

NAMESHIELD than transfer ...

•••
another story

i registered in 2014 the domains:

lefigaro.paris
le-figaro.paris

both are generic terms

the same story

blocked by nameshield after weeks and transferred to lefigaro.com

i don,t like TM
Whois nameshield?

•••
i done a lot
but they even don,t listen

NAMESHIELD than transfer ...
Because you are dealing directly to the TM scammers;They have many people that work for them. White collar scammers!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back