Domain Empire

debate Should we BAN the Premium/SuperPremium words from Domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I don't know what you think but after 10 years of domaining I'm super-sick of hearing the words "Premium" or "SuperPremium" in any damn domain sale.
And I'm guilty too because I often use these terms. And then I realise that they're the most useless words in the world since every domainer says that his domains are SuperPremiums!

Buy now the SuperPremium domains:

- FishingWithFriendsInAHotSummerDay.cars
- LoveIsInTheAirForAllThePeopleThatStillBelivesInLove.Irish
- CarRentalCheapAndReliableInDublin.us
- CricketSoccerBaseballFootballVolleyballPokerHorseRacingPassion.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All you guys selling tired old premium names with lots of age should switch to fresh young names. I'm starting a trend to promote fresh hand reg'd names for high prices. :)

my new slogan - " Fresh names without premium prices". :)
IMO there will always be good, fresh names to register as new products and services come to market. I pay attention to the age of domain (for my own collectibility value) but don't think this has a lot of value to majority of end users. Only an SEO driven domain acquisition would even really factor in age for marketing purposes imo.

A few weeks ago I bought some "coin" domains. Like CoinAuditor(s).com. Maybe in 5 years that $9 purchase could sell for $2K or $20K. Or maybe it will be worthless. At this point I think the key is to limit it to .com and no more than two words.

•••
LOL... I seen someone list a .info for auction and class it as super premium. It was that premium I can't even remember what the name was.

•••
LOL... I seen someone list a .info for auction and class it as super premium. It was that premium I can't even remember what the name was.

It was legit.info I guess, claiming to be a premium because it's a 5L. And surprisingly people are actually bidding on it. Well good for them.

•••
It was legit.info I guess, claiming to be a premium because it's a 5L. And surprisingly people are actually bidding on it. Well good for them.
It wasn't this one. It was some random word but not legit.

•••
Same, I find those titles unprofessional that's why I never use them, but unfortunately they kinda work on new domainers and banning them would be a great idea IMO.

•••
Oh.. Ok @AndyM
Yeah these premium, rare, killer type adjectives are overused. So either we ban them or come up with some new ones like..

Here's my Kicka** domain/
This is the new sh**/
This one is Eden's Apple/
Check out my hot mamacita
:xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
Leg it .info - makes me think of run away from info as fast as you can. :)

•••
Leg it .info - makes me think of run away from info as fast as you can. :)

LOL,

Domainer's logic nowadays:

- I have Leprechaun.info
- Leprechauns have a s**t load of gold
- This makes it a golden domain :woot:

P. S. I actually have Leprechaun.info :giggle:

•••
I snapped Lips.cc today.

Makes me wonder if I'm actually is following my own advices :depressed: :-P

•••
ban the user, let the premiums stay

:)

imo...

•••
Ban the 'calling your every domain a premium' trend, let the users stay

:xf.smile:

imho...

•••
Thank you for this thread, I have now been able to incorporate all of these wonderful adjectives into my current auction and because of this I am surely going to attract a large number of bidders! Aint life grand!
: )

•••
i will stop using super premium and start using jumbo premium

•••
i will stop using super premium and start using jumbo premium

I think I will incorporate it into my catchphrase " As the premium coconut drops". :)

•••
It's not premium unless it ends in .TOP

:-D

•••
It's not premium unless it ends in .TOP
:-D

Agreed the same goes with the new gtld brethren, as it is they only who reserve domains as premiums. Some of the reserved names as premiums by your bots smell more of sh*t than fools who claims their domains premium.

However, I vote that @KINGOF.TOP should be exempted from this ban as he has devoted lot of time, energy, money, dream, aspirations, and what not for his you know which domain.

•••
In the old days ( 2003 and after) when someone was calling a domain Premium and it wasn't one or two words ( very strong keywords) com everybody was laughing at him. Even commenting at a sale thread was a must and without complains from the moderators. Try it now and you might get banned.
I remember at the appraisal forum , some domains like " ordered.com" getting $0 valuation - specially from someone called Ed ( or something like this) - cause it was past tense..
These days I offered a 2 words Super Premium .com :) ( meaning more than 150k exact searches per month for low $x,xxx ) and I got no answer.. It wasn't short chip domain and not a product. ( not my signature domain)
I guess everybody now thinks that they can buy "old school premiums" for $xxx and sell chips for $xx,xxx .
We could easily give the forum a new name SellingOnlyToChineseNamepros.com
And yes strong .info's can have value. I have seen info's ranking well for the keyword in the domain and that is a plus since gaining google traffic for other keywords with all that link building-seo looks impossible. An info with 200k searches per month is much better than a com with 20k per month if you are after google traffic

Last edited:
•••
I think the term "premium" should be replaced with Happy Happy Joy Joy

•••
•••
•••
•••
@wakguano - hey if it helps sell domains it can be whatever the buyer wants : wink :

•••
Noted there are such premium names, but 99.9% of names on namepros are not premium.

•••
The term 'super premium' has been adopted by (true) premium domain sellers because so many domainers are calling their PS premium.

Last edited:
•••
Normally the forum has a filter feature that replaces/censors certain words like profanity.
Using the word 'premium' should trigger the profanity filter, or send the thread to a moderation queue :-P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back