Dynadot

question Should I worry about auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

inahaze76

Established Member
Impact
Should I be concerned that none of my domains have gotten any bids yet on 7-day auction? There's a little over a day left. I'm sure a big factor is the quality of the names themselves, but aside from that, in general has it been your experience that many of your names on auction start heating up within the last day?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
There should be no worries when you chose to put domain names up for auction my friend because you decided to get rid of them. Auctions are for or should be the last step in your sales process. I kind of figure from the date you joined namepros you are new to domaining so take it all in stride as a lesson of sorts in domaining, which can be a great way to make a living. The reality is very few people make a bundle domaining and likely just hundreds make a living from it.

•••
Its normal unfortunately. Have you done any marketing?

•••
Thanks. I'll reply to you all here instead of individually. Yes, I would like to make a living from this but I'm starting out with the smaller goal of making enough cash to pay off some things and buy a few more domains here and there while keeping my job. Start slow and build up. I marketed directly to a few small companies and CBS but no one except CBS responded and that was just to thank me for contacting them; they didn't even say anything about my domain. I've put my names on all kinds of Facebook pages. Haven't yet tried to sell anything to Brandbucket or similar sites.

•••
Please try twitter as well. Also what @tldboss said should be your first step.

•••
Thanks for the valuable info, everyone. Wish me luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back