Dynadot

Should I submit - Unusual for me!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
brief history: I started http://ImageHostDirectory.com just a few weeks ago, I have submitted it to web directories (not search engines) and asked for link submissions and reciprocal links here and at WHT, even offering some NP$s in the incentive forum

the directory i chose to use is very search engine friendly and it looks like they have already started spidering my sites, msn, yahoo and google, no doubt by following a reciprocal link back to me, I am already getting hits from the search engines on this site and to my suprise is already at the top of the second page on msn for "free image hosts", I have never received search engine traffic so fast on a site so new, especially since I havent submitted to any yet

so my question is, should I at all? would it hurt if I did? I have heard that a site "found" by search engines is better than one submitted to them but never research the truth since its never happened with any of my sites, would love to hear some opinions

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, Search engines know your site exists, it would be totally pointless to submit it. :)

•••
continue build your links for your site to be visible by SE bots...patience is really a virtue. :)

•••
don't bother submitting. google will spider your website more than you want. but it'll take them months and possible up to a year to rank your new website for competitive keywords.

•••
no need to submit to search engines. keep building more backlinks. MSN picks up new sites pretty quickly. Yahoo likes new sites too but focus more on content relevance. harder to get any traffic from Google for sites less than 6-12 month old.

•••
Yea once search engines know of your site & already index it there is no need to submit it, you could however submit it to other search engines although they will only provide limited traffic & will probably find your site in the long run...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back