Dynadot

Should I sell my 5-character domain direct or use 3rd party sites?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a few domains and both are last names (spayd.com and pizzi.com) - i was thinking about putting them up for sale on Sedo. However I was wondering whether it would be worth my while just searching on Google / Facebook and approaching those with the last name directly in hope for a sale.

Has anyone had positive experiences in approaching people in this manner? Does it work?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes.

Use the "search" here, up on top of page.

Type in "End User Sales"

You will find more info than you could ever imagine about how to approach an end user.

•••
I had a few last name domains that i sold on facebook, it was actually pretty simple to get people interested but the hard part was getting them to see the value. If you keep persistent you will eventually find someone willing to purchase the name.

•••
I had a few last name domains that i sold on facebook, it was actually pretty simple to get people interested but the hard part was getting them to see the value. If you keep persistent you will eventually find someone willing to purchase the name.

Can you please give some details on the way you contact them on facebook? I tried very polite personal messages with a link to the listing on Sedo, but it resulted into facebook banning me from sending PMs for some time :(
I have common first names at .me

•••
First off there is a limit to how many messages you can send strangers on FB as I have tried and they blocked my acount for a few days and the response rate sucked. I own about 100 5L pronounceable domains and many of those are last names. They are good to hold if you can't find a buyer right away for the price your looking for so I am more into mine for long term. I put out there on GD and other sites that they are for sale as premium domain listings etc but I think your best bet is google if your really trying to sell these.

pizzi.com is a great domain and if you google it you'll see

mystoandpizzi.com/ - Cached - Similar

pizzifarm.com/ - Cached - Similar
pizzicafe.com/- Cached - Similar
johnpizzi.com/ - Cached - Similar
johnnypizzi.com/ - Cached - Similar

skippizzi.com/ - Cached - Similar

go after those people and you'll score a sale..good luck
btw. how much were you looking to get for Pizzi.com

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Thanks for your post Pemet. I paid quite a bit for it recently in fact, my aim is/was long term to perhaps use it for a social networking site. It's only 5 characters long and it's quite catchy.

•••
I think that's a very catchy name. I really like pizzi.com If you ended up selling it let me know how much it went for. If not, let me know how much you want for it. Thanks

•••
Well, if you develop these domains into full blown websites and establish good traffic you will get more money than just selling the domain by itself. If you time to develop it by all means develop it and sell it after wards. But if you cannot commit a lot of time developing it you can sell it to end users.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back