Domain Empire

advice Should I register a domain

NameSilo
Watch

Sushi89

Impact
Should i register a domain that is already on google with different extensions.I am new to domainig. Please guide me

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess it depends if it is a trademark or not , that particular word , if it is there with multiple extensions, it most probably belongs to a company

•••
Upvote 0
In time your going to have to learn to distinguish between Safe registrations and the unsafe/infringing domains and it is not a quick lesson. Like most compliances it takes both the written rules and a common sense interpretation of them. I would personally stay away from anything you have your doubts about.

I'm guessing that this particular word (possible TM) has already been taken in the major extensions and your just looking to pick-up one of the lesser extensions. One of the basic ways of seeing if your on fairly safe ground is to check if other companies are using the same word as a business name (in different contexts) This normally means the domain is safe to register. Be careful of the same business using the word in multiple business types. they'll probably hold multiple trademarks.

Don't be drawn in by the lesser extensions just because you think the word is prime (or just good) It takes a good pairing including a good extension to hold value.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back