IT.COM

Shopify as domain e-commerce platform?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
Hello dear friends,

I am thinking to have a website to list my portfolios. I know some of you use efty.com, and I have a friend recently suggested me to use shopify, b/c of their e-commerce tools, and much better designs.

What do you suggest?

What e-commerce platform are you using? what's the pros and cons?

thank you so much

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are a lot of them.

I think the first thing you should ask yourself is if want to use a service "in the cloud" like shopify, or rent a server and install your own scripts.

•••
another thing, if you go for shopify, how easy will it be to redirect all your domains to their individual landing pages? idk maybe it will cause you some unwanted work. I guess you just have to try and see.

I use my own script, and can simply point all to the same place, and the script will detect what domain the visitor is visiting, and fetch data/contents and create views accordingly.

Last edited:
•••
another thing, if you go for shopify, how easy will it be to redirect all your domains to their individual landing pages? idk maybe it will cause you some unwanted work. I guess you just have to try and see.

I use my own script, and can simply point all to the same place, and the script will detect what domain the visitor is visiting, and fetch data/contents and create views accordingly.
can u show me your site? if you dont mind

:)

•••
So far I have mainly only worked with backend/database/serverside stuff, so I dont have a "site" ready to show yet. Im working on it though. Hopefully within this month I have at least landing pages for all my domains in place. But there is more.. Im trying to build my own marketplace from scratch, I guess something similar to what you are looking for.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back