Domain Empire

Best platform for E-commerce

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cresanti

Established Member
Impact
Guys,

What platform do you recommend to build an e-commerce website with online payments?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Gotta say that your basic question is just too broad to get any quality advice ...

You really need to give everyone some more background and info on your requirements, skill level, what your trying to sell, geo requirements, processing requirements, platform requirements etc etc etc ...

The 'best' e-commerce platform is the one that makes you the most money by facilitating the sale in the best way for your particular audience ...

•••
for a DIY approach I suggest ProStores (owend by ebay) and has a simple cart function and can add thousands of products. Also you can set them up to sell on ebay with 2 clicks (or 3). Also BigCommerce is ok to. Many are out there but you got to se what it is you have control over for on page SEO and such.

•••
Ok. I`ll give you some background. I`m newbie in eCommerce and CMS. I want to sell handmade stuff, visual arts and resell some goods. I need good support but I cannot pay much for it. What platform would you advise me to start with?

•••
Magento is the best ecommerce platform to use straight out of the box. Your problem will arise if you want it highly customized. It will cost a fortune. Other than that, the community version is free and you can also pick up a free theme to go along with it

•••
I would suggest you to go with Magento. At first glace, you may need to learn if you are non-technical but Magento is best for ecommerce. We recommended this to our many client and provided design-customization services to them since it has everything needed to setup online store.

•••
Prestashop and Opencart are also popular in some countries

•••
As a professional web developer I definitely recommend Magento. It has a lot of nice features. It will take awhile to learn and understand but you will be glad you made that choice.

•••
Magento is very hard to use for small business. You'll need a programmer if you want to make some changes and dedicated server.

•••
I would suggest Magento is the best & widely used CMS for ecommerce store development over the globe. Below the things why Magento is so important to choose eCommerce platform.
  1. Easy to use and very user friendly admin features.
  2. You can update your ecommerce website automatically, which is not available in other e-commerce platforms.
  3. Magento theme design is fully customizable, so you can shape it exactly in the way you want.
  4. It is simple, fast and flexible, which makes it easy for users to search and buy products and services through Magento-powered websites.
  5. Magento has the ability to continually manage thousands of products.
  6. Magento offers users with highly interactive shopping experience.
  7. Magento being designed to be a configuration based MVC system which helps to make your website highly scalable.
  8. Magento e-commerce platform features a powerful SEO, marketing and catalogue management tools so as to fulfill exclusive business requirements of merchants.

•••
if you plan to build and maintain the site yourself take a look at Weebly.com. If nothing else, use it as a sandbox while you figure out what you really need.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back