Dynadot

new gtlds .Shop starts @ $30,000 On Day 1 of EAP

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
.Shop domains launch next Thursday September 1 at 15:00 UTC with the Early Access Program (EAP). Registration prices for day 1 of the EAP start at about $30,000 at 101Domain.com and go up to $40,000 at Name.com.

The .shop General Availability starts on September 26.

The .shop sunrise period for trademark owners ends today and .shop is close to 1,000 domain registrations(prices were at about $1,500).

Source

How do you find this extension?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where is the best site to buy .shop in the GA? Cheapest?

I see godaddy for $19.99, anywhere cheaper?

•••
Seems like GoDaddy is the cheapest for now

•••
Starts at $30K and drops to $29,950 by GA. ;)

•••
Look at older gTLD launches, domains at auctions etc.. New gTLD launches are basically a waste of time unless you're smoking what they are.

EAP day one is insane, this is the new normal, craziness IMO!

•••
Where is the best site to buy .shop in the GA? Cheapest?

I see godaddy for $19.99, anywhere cheaper?

net.cn ---------- 120 RMB
west.cn -----------128 RMB

•••
Anyone in here named bill gates?

•••
Barber.shop is one of the best in this extension, let's see if it get's registered. $7,500.00 per year and same renewal.

•••
So how many are you getting on EAP1?

•••
So how many are you getting on EAP1?

None for me.. :)

I'll look at it later but these new launches are not like back in 2014 with .xyz, those that were in will agree with my post. All new launches are killing themselves right out of the gate, either reserved or massive renewal.

I'm not saying I can't find something if I dig really deep, they do miss stuff from time to time. Seems to be getting harder though.. O_o

•••
Like domainers (humans), the registries (humans) are also trying to get out the maximum.
Like humans (domainers), the humans (registries) are also trying to get out the maximum.

Last edited:
•••
looks like godaddy has it

•••
LOL ......i'll take a dozen at $30,000

Last edited:
•••
None for me.. :)

I'll look at it later but these new launches are not like back in 2014 with .xyz, those that were in will agree with my post. All new launches are killing themselves right out of the gate, either reserved or massive renewal.

I'm not saying I can't find something if I dig really deep, they do miss stuff from time to time. Seems to be getting harder though.. O_o

It's indeed time consuming to find something ok nowadays in most new launches, I rarely do that anymore. I find it better to either pay up or look at the aftermarket.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back