Dynadot

Shared hosting question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vincew

Top Member
Impact
A friend of mine has 5 sites with about 5 pages on each site, he wants to sell products on each site where people would order the products onsite. I don't think he gets 500 visitors a day (15000 per month) total.

Would shared hosting at Hostinger, Host Gator, Blue Host, etc work? Or would cloud or VPS hosting be sufficient?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We figure he doesn't need a dedicate server.

•••
Shared hosting is plenty for that. I have basic plans with Hostgator, Bluehost, Dreamhost with many more sites and much more traffic and no issues. One site gets 100,000+ uniques a few days of the year and using a good cache plugin does the trick.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you very much for that info JBL.

•••
you can try linode.com or vultr.com, lowest to $5/month.

•••
•••
For a budding e-commerce venture with around 15,000 monthly visitors across five sites, shared hosting is a good start. However, to safeguard transactions and ensure peak performance, consider upgrading to VPS hosting. It provides dedicated resources, and better security, and sets the stage for future growth.
A friend of mine has 5 sites with about 5 pages on each site, he wants to sell products on each site where people would order the products onsite. I don't think he gets 500 visitors a day (15000 per month) total.

Would shared hosting at Hostinger, Host Gator, Blue Host, etc work? Or would cloud or VPS hosting be sufficient?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back