Domain Empire

Share Your Domaining Regrets

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ehugbo

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Just like every other business, as Domainers I believe there are times we have made wrong moves. There are times we wish we had taken a different approach to a situation, there are times we wish we had been a little bit more patient, there are times we wish we had done a little more research before making decisions, there are times we wish we should have put our fears and doubts behind and just do what we were supposed to do. Mistakes happen even to the best of us. I've read stories of people who sold their names for let's say XX and few days or weeks later the new owner gets an offer of XXX or XXXX for the same name. Others see a name available for hand reg but have doubts about it's value and ignore it, next the name is regged by some other person and sold for very nice profit. I have regged names which I felt were gold but then got disappointed after putting those names for sale in the market. Some domainers have been careless or moved too fast in a deal and got scammed along the way. I'm sure a lot of y'all have similar stories. Let's share our experiences here and learn from each other.
But then.. Whatever happens, don't stop believing. Sh*t happens most times, getting back up after a bitter experience will only make you stronger and more successful if you learn from those mistakes and try not to repeat them again. Good luck mates!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Back in '04 or '05, I could have bought my NamePros username as a .COM for $12,000. I knew it was a good deal, but wanted it purely for vanity reasons, and money was tight, so I hesitated on making the purchase. Royal Jordanian Airlines got it instead.

:ROFL:

Namepros RJ Doesn't own RJ? Damn man you're giving NP a bad rep :xf.laugh:

Btw handles are the next best investment ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Regrets...Following bad advice.
When i was new I was told chinese market wasn't worth investing into. I was told not to invest into .io I had opportunity to buy 5 figure domains for xx to xxx. I watched music.io sell for $500 right here on np. Chip 4l.com sell for 35 to 350 and so many others. I ended up getting into the chinese market later and made some money. But I regret not getting in earlier and not listing to my self.

Lesson learned don't always listen to advice. Sometimes you should take a chance regardless if someone may be more experienced then you. It doesn't mean they are right.

Regret no2. Underselling domains.
I have undersold alot of names in the last year. I mean I left about mid xxxxx on the table of you add a handful of my transactions up.

Lesson learned a fast flip isnt always the best flip.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back