Dynadot

[Share to all] The ABCs of *CN names!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well, *CN now had 10 million registration yet. the No.2 largest ccTLD among the world (*.de is the No.1)

Noted that some friends here are investing *CN names. As a Chinese *CN investor I would like to share some experience on *CN names.

in china. *.com.cn means domain of companies. *cn could be used for companies but most of them are mainly used by individuals purpose such as to refer to some blogs or whatever; *net.cn means the company to provide internet service(i am fxxking confused by this definition, but all registrantion providers are always giving this impression to users); *org.cn means domains for the organizations such as hospital, science organization, etc.

the sale price for *.cn domains in china are normally like this but not absolutely:

*.com.cn (best for companies, e.g. levono.com.cn, top pc brand in china, bought IBM laptop department) _\|/_

*.cn (well, as i know lots of EU companies used *.cn as their chinese language sites, but i think if a company want to buy their *cn name, *com.cn and *cn SHOULD be acquired as well so visitors will not go to wrong site no mater they input *com.cn or *cn) :D

*.net.cn (also some companies used *.net.cn for they are cheaper than former two type, but mainly for city portal site, e.g. wuhan.net.cn, is a portal site for Wuhan city) :!:

*.org.cn (it's very hard to say which is more valuable between *net.cn and *org.cn! for me *.org.cn is more believable than *net.cn does,but the sales price of *.org.cn in china are cheaper than *net.cn) :tri:

Questions and futher discussion are welcome:)
If you think this artical is useful for you, please bump with your posts. :bingo:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back