IT.COM

SEO Know-How

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gee

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys

I have a website that I'd like to optimise a bit. I need some tips from you.
Recently I got a domain name that expired. It was some company's website and it has some links coming from youtube, FB and some other places. It had content related to other industry than my website. I'd like to use it as a seo backend. What should I do? Should I put there content with original matters and then put link to my website in-between or fill the website with contents related to my business. The domain name strongly suggests the original content, isn't that a problem If I want to populate it with content associated to other industry?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi guys
... Should I put there content with original matters and then put link to my website in-between or fill the website with contents related to my business. The domain name strongly suggests the original content, isn't that a problem If I want to populate it with content associated to other industry?

The content from the original website will be owned by the original owner.
That copyright was not transferred to you when you purchased the expired domain name.

•••
The content from the original website will be owned by the original owner.
That copyright was not transferred to you when you purchased the expired domain name.

Right. My explanation was bad. My thiking was "I'll put similar contents related to the original ones, but written by myself and completely original".

•••
Right. My explanation was bad. My thiking was "I'll put similar contents related to the original ones, but written by myself and completely original".

That could definitely work because your visitors will be expecting the content they have come for.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back