Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Sending SMS texts ...

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

deadmoon

Established Member
Impact
3
Hi
How are SMS texts sent from websites?
Do they require a special server? etc?

Thanks
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
1
•••
Hi,
Thanks for that.

Is there anything relating to UK SMS scripts anywhere?
 
0
•••
0
•••
Thanks for the link.
I am after to be able to get an open source (or licensed in a way that I would be able to use it for free) project, to be able to use on a website I am thinking of. But for a UK market.
 
0
•••
deadmoon said:
Thanks for the link.
I am after to be able to get an open source (or licensed in a way that I would be able to use it for free) project, to be able to use on a website I am thinking of. But for a UK market.
Not fully sure what your saying, lol, sorry, but here is a list of a few open source versions:
http://tuxmobil.org/phones_linux_sms.html
and this is a good one, but no longer in supported stages:
http://www.keyvan.net/code/sms-web-sender/



:wave:
I will stop posting them now, :lol:
 
0
•••
OulZac << -- SMS Guru :) :imho:

most of them still needs compiling :(
 
0
•••
Are there any scripts, that I can install on a server (php/mysql), put in whatever data it needs to send the sms's (i think its an email address?)?

Thanks
 
0
•••
SMS Scripts are simple. All you need is to make an e-mail script. For example; create the script, have it input a 10-digit phone number. Then, have the user select a phone service. For this example, let's use T-Mobile. You would do some code (if done with PHP) $phonenumber\@\$service... Then it would send the e-mail to this:

[email protected]

All you really need is the phone number, an e-mail account, and the service provider's SMS forwarder e-mail... (in this case, tmomail.net)

-RageD
 
0
•••
Where can I find a list of the service providers SMS email?
Do i send the message as the subject? Body etc?
Thanks :)
 
0
•••
For most, you need to connect to all the telco, either through their text messaging e-mail or web forum.

For more advanced SMS, you need to connect to at least a telco, and send from that telco.

You can't just send from nowhere.
 
0
•••
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense to me. :-/

What is a Telco?
 
0
•••
0
•••
deadmoon said:
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense to me. :-/

What is a Telco?

Telco = Telecommunication Comany = Phone Company
 
0
•••
in this thread, the company behind the cellphone or mobile phone, that's telco
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back