Dynadot

Selling price for possibly limited time period of traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok. I have a number of domains that combined are making about $100 a day. However, this is primarily due to them being typos for a program that's heavily advertised at the current moment. I've had several offers for them recently, but I don't know exactly what to drop them for. I'm not sure I can ask for the standard 12 months revenue, as I have no idea how long the advertising frenzy will be carrying on. However, I don't want to sell them for less than I can, as it's conceivable the advertising WILL carry on, or even INTENSIFY as time goes on... In short, i don't want to rip myself off, but I also don't want to have someone pay more than the domain may be conceivably worth ove rthe year....

What should I do? Any thoughts on this quandary? Thanks much,
John

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hold onto them while the traffic is high, if it drops
off you will then have a more realistic idea of its
longer term value.

•••
Personally I would keep them. Continue to earn the big bucks and see how long it lasts. It could cost more long term if and when the traffic drops and the buyer is unhappy. Because you say the traffic might drop, somebody will not pay a huge amount for the domains. Whereas keeping them may offer you a big surprise if the traffic doesnt drop and the money is still coming in at Christmas....

•••
Keep them! Unless you're offered 40K plus upfront, I wouldn't even consider selling them.

For all you know, that "money well" could keep running for years to come.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back