IT.COM

Selling at Dan.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Paperhand

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I got two questions regarding domains for sale, parked at Dan.com: I want to accelerate my sales by lowering the bin price of some domains substantially and once I complete a couple transactions I plan to raise back prices. —-> do I have to sell if the buyer acts on the stated bin price or can I decline (and most likely lose the potential buyer?) just in case I get buys in right when I want to end my Black Friday.

Also, in your experience how many bots and crawlers account for the first visits before real people come to the landers? Let’s say the domain list shows 100 parked domains - does the counter first need to go to 2 or 3 hundred? I connected my Google analytics g- code to Dan integrations but still received no data.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If a buyer hits the BIN you will be expected to go through with the sale. Not honouring the sale will likely result in a penalties from the marketplace.

I don't know much about their parking stats I'm afraid but mine are basically the same on Dan as any other marketplace I've parked names at.

•••
I understand thanks - so I’m still looking for a strategy to sell just the first 3 domains at reduce price.

And about the counter - I just noticed that some more obscure domains got a hit shortly after being online, I guessed they must have been crawlers. But at the same time, 2/3 of the parked pages had 0 visits…. Then shortly most of them had just one. Again, them crooked crawlers.. ;)

And I know it is not interchangeable and heavily depending on domain quality, but from your experience, after how many visits are price inquiries expected and how many of them do you need as a rule of thumb to have at least someone serious with buying intent? It’s a numbers’ game overall…

•••
So, it reads that your main point of interest question is . If I lower my asking prices How long is that likely to take in order to spur New Interest and enquires.

Well the truth is it Wont. Lowering the price will only be noticed by those that continually visit your domains resolving there. (If any) It doesn't magically change Visitor numbers, There's no awareness notifications unless someone is individually following a specific page, even then he would have to revisit the domain page to become aware.

This is Not like an Ebay set-up where followers of products are automatically notified of discounts or reduced prices. The bot traffic is going to stay the same and has no relevance to the price of the domain. Don't expect number of visits to directly reflect the probability of a sale considering they will probably all be bots.

I do understand where your trying to come from. Lower all my prices, attract visitors, make one or two sales, then up all my prices to their original. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way with static sales pages or any other

Last edited:
•••
I see your logic. Every visitor is directly hitting on one domain of their choice, and there is no correlation traffic wise btw different landing pages. Lower prices just potentially reduce my income, without boosting sales. Maybe such sales campaigns will need a branded domain site, with outreach, domain suggestions etc. And I understand why from an experienced point of view I might sound naive, which is fair. I think it is more my personal situation, I don’t want to just have some domains on Dan and watch the analytics widget, i came here for the action, the hustle, I want to get the juices flowing ;)
Not too long time ago I was buying domains just for projects that I was working on, and I tried not too have too many at one time, and now they are just piling up real quick.

and why not measure it? There are more than enough analytics for e-commerce, I’m sure there must be some way to benchmark a portfolio’s quality, comparing unique visitors, interactions and sales, generated of all landing pages in a certain time frame? Any experience with such…?

•••
Hi

i'd say, list your domains on sedo, then get account at bodis.com
park at bodis to see if any unique visitors and possibly where they come from and terms searched.

by using ppc, you may generate a few $, depending on any traffic and clicks received.
at least you'll have more knowledge about your names, before selling them.

imo...

•••
OK, I see your looking for the more in depth analysis for your portfolio but, I'm not sure your ever going to get that from static for sale landing pages. Sales sites in general aren't geared to supply a fully integrated and specific analysis. Sure they will give you an overview and some sites are better than others at breaking down the data. As for overall portfolio quality analysis that again it really is a human measure, No machine tool is going to be able to offer that sort of analysis. Take for example the free evaluation tools - they are just not good enough But, they'll get better with AI .

I hope you find something akin to what your looking for. Those here that really dig deep may have some better suggestions. (i see i've overlapped Biggie in posting who has far more knowledge on what's available)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks to both of you - helps a lot to work on my strategy and also for getting a better grip on this still new field of domain investing. On the upside and to put my add on hold, I’ll always have some working titles to work on projects if I really can’t sit still.

I will consider bodis, but also the idea to set up a branded domain site is appealing to me.

And you’re right Bailey it comes down to means of measuring the quality of a portfolio. Ex ante it might be a challenge, with some more or less helpful tools but ex post, it is just like any other investment portfolio with tools to measure the return on capital invested etc. and the same should go for displaying on the internet: why not measure the rate of users / interactions / conversions? There are details like the hype around gpt generating more attention than buyer's intent or different pricing policies, with some offerings fishing for pricier deals… but I do wonder, why not putting some statistics out there, just for fun and maybe gain some insights?

At least that’s what I would do - but I’m clearly the one with the least knowledge, and I also tend to learn most from asking than being right in the first place. ;)

Last edited:
•••
Surely all marketplaces in any industry would be a mandatory follow-through if a buyer hits BIN. I don't see why that wouldn't be the case since it's called "Buy now" or "Buy it now?" Emphasis on now.

If payment goes through and no one hacked your account to lower BIN.. .

•••
I see your logic. Every visitor is directly hitting on one domain of their choice, and there is no correlation traffic wise btw different landing pages. Lower prices just potentially reduce my income, without boosting sales. Maybe such sales campaigns will need a branded domain site, with outreach, domain suggestions etc. And I understand why from an experienced point of view I might sound naive, which is fair. I think it is more my personal situation, I don’t want to just have some domains on Dan and watch the analytics widget, i came here for the action, the hustle, I want to get the juices flowing ;)
Not too long time ago I was buying domains just for projects that I was working on, and I tried not too have too many at one time, and now they are just piling up real quick.

and why not measure it? There are more than enough analytics for e-commerce, I’m sure there must be some way to benchmark a portfolio’s quality, comparing unique visitors, interactions and sales, generated of all landing pages in a certain time frame? Any experience with such…?
Where are you advertising that your domain is for sale? That definitely plays a factor in hiw many visits your domains are receiving, but as the guy mentioned above, dropping price will not reflect new traffic to your domains. You have to physically advertise the domain you're reducing price the prices on if you want to generate any new traffic

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back