Domain Empire

advice Selling a domain for reduced price then project success payment!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AMRO1001

Upgraded Member
Impact
A software developer from Germany would like to buy a domain of mine which is valued at 7K ( the very least amount I can sell it for), but he only has a budget for 4K, he is asking me to to give it him for 4K and them if his startup is sucessful he will give me the rest of the amount + a bounce.

How we can implement that? he is in a totally differnt country so I think contracts will not work...

He does not want to commit to installments also because he might have a hard time paying them because he and his partner has limited budget

Kindly let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks
A

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First of all you said domain is valued ( 7k ) !! Based on what it’s valued this amount ?? It could be wrong valuation or exaggerated because we all think some of our domains are precious and must be expensive but sometimes the truth is NO .

If you own this domain since some years and you used to get several offers a year then don’t sell it and wait the right buyer for the right price , BUT if this is the first offer you received since years of owning it then sell it to the Germany guy and wish him good luck with his project .
Collect your money to reinvest and renew other domains you have .

•••
There's always lease-to-own option, but can you DM your domain, Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
It's not uncommon for domains to be sold for cash and equity in a company/start up. I don't see why a contract wouldn't work because you're in different countries. It's not something I've done before but deffinately doable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back