IT.COM

question Sell Namecheap domains on GoDaddy Auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aamyy

Impact
Hello! I'd like to sell a few domains on GoDaddy Auctions, but I recently purchased them from Namecheap. I've heard about the 60-day lock period and have some questions.

1. If the 60-day period has not passed, I believe I can still transfer the domain if the buyer also has a Namecheap account, correct?
If so,
2. How will this work in terms of a safe transfer if I sell them on GoDaddy?

If the sale happens through Godaddy, I'll need to talk to the buyer about setting up a Namecheap account (if he doesn't have one) so I can transfer it to him? Considering that I am unable to transfer from Namecheap to GoDaddy due to the 60-day period.

If that's the case, how can I be certain that I will receive the money or how should this work exactly?

I hope I made myself clear, thank you so much!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you sell on any GD platform the 60 day lock period must pass before the sale will complete. Meaning GD insists on transfer of domain to GD upon sale. Its not negotiable. No way around this wait unless for example you buy on NC sell on NC.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back