domains Selfmade.com sells for $977,500 to lead GoDaddy sales report

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
GoDaddy is reporting sales though they are a bit behind. Selfmade.com was the top sale at $977,500. Skates.com sold for $150,000 and CGD.com also came in second at $150,000. These sales are from October 2020. Here is a look back at the last report. Domain Sale Price selfmade.com $977,500 skates.com $150,000 cgd.com $150,000 rever.com $107,222 […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you have a 2 word domain that people gravitate to you’ve got gold!
I think depending on the name
FancyFrogs.com or SearchHostel.com which is gold?

•••
The great thing about this sale is that it’s 2 words. Could be 3 or more. Point is, one word domains are valuable but the right 2-3 word domain could be more valuable. Why? 2-3 word domains say something that you can’t always convey in a single word.
Totally Agree!

•••
... selfmade is one word.
I think you are right, the term "selfmade" ("self-made") can indeed be viewed as 1 word as the 2 words that make up it merge together and forming a (1) new word, there are many examples of other "1 word + 1 word = 1 (new) word" - words.

Last edited:
•••
I think you are right, the term "selfmade" ("self-made") can indeed be viewed as 1 word as the 2 words that make up it merge together and forming a (1) new word, there are many examples of other "1 word + 1 word = 1 (new) word" - words.
If you have to dissect it, it’s 2 words. One word domains are obvious and do not need explanation.

•••
If you have to dissect it, it’s 2 words.
If you dissect it (= this 1 word), you destroy it (= this 1 word).
As a result, you get 2 new, separate, independent words.

If you add these 2 words up, a (1) new word (word = singular, therfore it's 1 word) is created.

An allegory would be a sentence that you can split into 2 sentences.
First you have 1 sentence, after you split it into 2 sentences, you have 2 sentences.
If you put these 2 sentences together you have (again) 1 sentence.

One word domains are obvious and do not need explanation.
I consider "selfmade.tld" as a one word - domain name that doesn't need an explanation (at least not to them who are familiar with the english language).

Last edited:
•••
If you dissect it (= this 1 word), you destroy it (= this 1 word).
As a result, you get 2 new, separate, independent words.

If you add these 2 words up, a (1) new word (word = singular, therfore it's 1 word) is created.

An allegory would be a sentence that you can split into 2 sentences.
First you have 1 sentence, after you split it into 2 sentences, you have 2 sentences.
If you put these 2 sentences together you have (again) 1 sentence.

I consider "selfmade.tld" as a one word - domain name that doesn't need an explanation (at least not to them who are familiar with the english language).
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/self-made

I’ve never seen a hyphen in Self or Made...

•••
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/self-made

I’ve never seen a hyphen in Self or Made...
Wiktionary | self-
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/self-

However, if this form ("self-") is not considered (but only "self" without the "-") and you split the 1 word "self-made" in all it's "parts" (not letters but just 2 words and 1 hyphen), you get the 2 words "self" and "made" and the 1 hyphen (which "falls off" (as I would call it) and) which is now just another independent part which doesn't influence the 2 words.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back