Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

NZEa

Established Member
Impact
Hello brothers & sisters...

I would like to hear your opinion on these domains...

selfie.com
selfies.com
selfiestick.com

I see their values like this:

selfie.com 2-3m
selfies.com 500k-1m
selfiestick.com 1-2m

And what do you think how much will these be worth in 10-20 years?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
selfie.com
selfies.com
selfiestick.com

Word of the year now... but later perhaps not at all.
I think your evaluation could be high.
Few of these new words will (selfie-)stick in our relevant vernacular in the long run.

•••
For selfie.com or selfies.com to become dominant websites in their field there would need to be a compelling reason to post selfies there rather than on people's FB pages.

•••
free airbrushing on your pics

•••
Considering the selfie phenomenon and the increase popularity, I believe that the name is worth easily $1 million. If i would have the money, I would not hesitate to pay the money for it. Developed with the right idea behind it, would allow the owner to recover the money and lot more on the top of that...

If i would have it, I would develop it straight away...Millions of selfie fans would upload their selfies and in no time, the website would worth lot more that $1M. But that's just my thoughts...i may be completely wrong...Good luck with it :)

•••
From the research I've done it appears to have a value near $10,000. I expected it would have a much higher value. Selfies.de sold for $7,085. Several names containing selfie are available for sale at less than $10. Estibot.com values the name at $7,500. But I didn't like the comps. The comps were unrelated.

A similar phrase DIY stands for Do it Yourself. Has huge value. diy.net sold for $200,000.
diy.org sold for $60,000. I would guess diy.com would sell for around 2 million. When I looked up historical sales on photo or picture there was only one big sale and that was $250,000 for stockphoto.com.

But the word selfie is so unique, so cliche and so new. We must ask ourselves, is it a fad? It seems the market is telling us it is. Are we hip? Groovy?

•••
Would be nice if it was worth £1m but surely the website needs to be generating an income to substantiate such a high premium? or i could be wrong?
What about selfiegeeks.com ? similar twist as most people consider others that take selfies to be geeks?
Plus it such a high trending word i think it might even be worth more than just selfie or selfies on there own.

•••
I would say..those are great assets..Stick with them and you will definitely have a good deal in future.

•••
Hello brothers & sisters...

I would like to hear your opinion on these domains...

selfie.com
selfies.com
selfiestick.com

I see their values like this:

selfie.com 2-3m
selfies.com 500k-1m
selfiestick.com 1-2m

And what do you think how much will these be worth in 10-20 years?

I think
selfie com: 1700k
selfies com: 300k
selfiestick com: 800k

I think after 10-20 years they will lose 95% of their value.

•••
Selfies.com just sold for $39k

•••
^ on Namejet, so it was more of a wholesale price...

My guess is that someone out there might put up 100k for it.

I honestly hate the term "selfie". People have been taking pics of themselves since the camera was invented. With Facebook bringing everyone online, people seem to think they're inventing things that already exist, and have for a long time. Same with twerking and a lot of other trending words.

•••
and I remember people talking low to mid xxx,xxx for this name, that was never going to happen

•••
Wow it sold less than 50k? Sad... considering the keyword is all over the news everyday and celebrate news too!

•••
I've got Filfie.com and Filfies.com
Thinking they may have potential for filthy-selfies (muddy/dirty or adult) etc... Nowhere near the value of selfie.com but thinking high xxx to low x,xxx for these?

•••
•••
cant beat that i have some adult doing xxx parking under selfie term

•••
I'd say double the namejet sale for selfie stick to a reseller and $250k+ to an end user imho.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back