Dynadot

Selecting a Domain Name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Domain Name selection may be the first step of building a website.You have to be aware of one thing mainly.

Do a keyword research in your niche .
Get a domain with keyword rich.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me the first thing is niche selection...

•••
Good, unique, descriptive and memorable domain name can be a great sum of money in your hands.

•••
Don't be disappointed if you don't get keyword rich domains. Domain like godaddy has nothing to do with domain name registration but still they are one the top domain registrars.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I also believe in selecting niche first not the domain name

•••
Don't be afraid of the hypen

If you're looking for search traffic don't be afraid of the hypen. If you're looking for people to remember your name something like Godaddy is a good example.

•••
niche/product/service selection the more targeted the more audience it will have.

•••
According to Google Analytics, the word FREE has one of the highest search rates. One always tends to think words relating to the sex business has the highest search rates, but... not so... interesting....
Hmmm. Selecting Domain Names.... I'm no longer convinced short, smart Domain Names is what Google is looking for...I've had no natural traffic with those at all. Longer, descriptive names relating to ONLINE shopping has brought me a bit of natural traffic. Just my 5c worth

•••
Naming a site after its domain name is important, for the simple reason that when people think of your website, they'll think of it by name. If your name is also your URL, they'll automatically know where to go. Just keep it short and avoid trademarked names.

•••
I think that as long as your domain name is straight forward and relevant, it's ok. It doesn't need to be that keyword rich. What's more important is the SEO aspect things. It's the keywords that you embed on your pages that matters.

•••
Keywords in a website are important but apparently there is a fine balance between providing enough keywords and being guilty of "keyword stuffing". Apparently Search Engines have become wise to that practice and now rank a site on a number of aspects :
1) an optimised Domain Name, unless the site owner brands the Domain Name through aggressive marketing, which can be expensive.
2) Keywords, in a balanced proportion. Not too much, not too little.
3) Backlinks. I have found this the trickiest part of website marketing. Unless your website has numerous, QUALITY links from other sites to it, it will not be regarded by Search Engines, which means your site will not be ranked or stand a chance to be listed during a search in a Search Engine.

Thoughts?

•••
Domain name must be search engine friendly. try to purchase the old domain name.

•••
We should be very familiar with the niche that we are promoting. Otherwise, our site might have no content at all.

•••
all niche domain are already taken, for me the content is more important,

•••
sometimes using your main keyword as your domain name matters.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back