Dynadot

travel Seeking Saudi, UAE, French and German buyers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Barrett Rothe

Impact
Hello -

My name is Barrett Rothe and I own a web design and consulting company called Incendium. We recently bought 46 domains (.com, .fr, .de, and .reise) focused on the up-and-coming Saudi Arabian tourism industry's targets in French- and German- speaking Europe. The domains are high-quality and really carve out a specific niche.

We're looking for French, German, Emirati (UAE), and Saudi investors and entrepreneurs interested in buying these domains either for resell or as end users. We think they're most valuable in bulk (they really corner the market) but are open to selling them in logical batches. For instance: we registered .com and .fr of the same wording for French targets and selling one without the other wouldn't make much sense, but we don't have to sell 46 at once either.

If anyone is or knows anyone interested let us know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Welcome and good luck in your search

•••
Herzlich Willkommen - Welcome

•••
•••
•••
Welcome to Namepros. Best of luck domaining.

•••
•••
Hello @Barrett Rothe .. and welcome to NamePros.

Sub-niche non-English domains will likely have a very difficult time finding buyers here in a domainer community. Essentially because everyone is looking for wholesale prices .. so unless you have exact match geo domains .. there the demand will liekly be very soft. Obviously would need to know the exact domains to be sure. I have a few great French domains myself! :)

Good luck going forward with your domains all the same! :)

•••
Hello @Barrett Rothe .. and welcome to NamePros.

Sub-niche non-English domains will likely have a very difficult time finding buyers here in a domainer community. Essentially because everyone is looking for wholesale prices .. so unless you have exact match geo domains .. there the demand will liekly be very soft. Obviously would need to know the exact domains to be sure. I have a few great French domains myself! :)

Good luck going forward with your domains all the same! :)

Ategy - thanks for the reply! I am interested in selling these up to more experienced wholesalers who can find an end user and/or hold these for 1-2 years for them to ripen with the target industry. Happy to list them out but they are two-word phrases in French and German like VoyagerArabie.com (Travel [Saudi] Arabia).

•••
... like VoyagerArabie.com (Travel [Saudi] Arabia).

That's exactly the type of domain I was thinking about when I replied to you.

Travel domains are good in general .. but put them in anything but English and they need to be extremely strong to have interest from a domainer I'd think. Like if you had VoyageArabie.com (or even the more generic and naturally flowing VoyageArabique) then it might start to have a very small amount of interest .. the R in this context is like added -ing in English (or an "S" to make it plural is another popular classic example) .. which although might seem like not a big deal .. actually drops the value to a fraction of the purer form.

I'm sorry to say these are exactly the types of domains newcomers get caught up in when they start. At least in your case your lucky enough to have "travel" names .. so there might still actually be a bit of value in there .. at the end of the day it does totally depend 100% on the specific names .. because depending on the words, sometimes an extra letter or change of tense could work just fine.

Mayne put afew of the best ones up in the appraisal section .. or try to sell them as a lot here at NamePros or at Flippa. Certainly don't take my (or anyone's) advice as guaranteed without actually sharing the specific domains.

If you're lucky, @Kate might see this thread and share her opinion .. she knows more about French domains than I do by far. I would trust her opinion far more than my own on these kinds of non-english domains! :)

Good luck with them all the same! :)

•••
•••
It's just one example of domain, but it doesn't make sense grammatically, either in English or in French. I suspect that this is yet another case of buying a bunch of domains and then figuring out how to sell them. These names sure were available for a reason, nobody wanted them even for $10. Don't put the cart before the horse.

By the way, the aftermarket for French domains (even good domains) is tiny, virtually non-existent.
If you bought .reise domains and expect to find buyers for those, then you clearly haven't done any prior research. I cannot find one single reported sale for that TLD. I'm not sure what makes you think these names have market value. Good luck anyway and try not to buy any more domains if the intention is to resell them and not develop them :)

•••
It's just one example of domain, but it doesn't make sense grammatically, either in English or in French. I suspect that this is yet another case of buying a bunch of domains and then figuring out how to sell them. These names sure were available for a reason, nobody wanted them even for $10. Don't put the cart before the horse.

By the way, the aftermarket for French domains (even good domains) is tiny, virtually non-existent.
If you bought .reise domains and expect to find buyers for those, then you clearly haven't done any prior research. I cannot find one single reported sale for that TLD. I'm not sure what makes you think these names have market value. Good luck anyway and try not to buy any more domains if the intention is to resell them and not develop them :)

Kate thanks for joining the thread! I just put that one domain out there, I have different conjugations of verbs and word arrangements that are perhaps better translations. Fear not I bought 1 .reise domain- I'll keep that to myself to hide my shame from now on :). I'm surprised by the analysis that the market for domain names rendered in local languages isn't worth the trouble; I've been in the European Union many times and very recently and I see ad campaigns and domains in local languages. All IDNs for example play to this. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious why there wouldn't be inherent value. Perhaps you're saying it's very small relative to other markets, but I would be thrilled to hand over all of these for what estibot says they're worth.... I'll spare anyone the trouble and just tell you it's not a lot. Nonetheless it would be enough for me.

I would also point out there was no prospective Saudi Arabian travel industry until last week and - admittedly - it's still an idea in its infancy. I wasn't at all surprised these names were available. Why would anyone bother to snag "Visit Saudi Arabia" in German when Germans weren't able to travel there on a commercial scale? Moreover let's just come out and say it: how soon will Germans want to travel there? I don't know but the Saudis want to pour billions into the idea so my little domains seem worth the cost of 1-ticket to the future Saudi Arabian amusement parks.

That being said you reminded me I can develop websites so I think I'll do just that with some of these... I'll get a translator first! Thanks again.

•••
I'm surprised by the analysis that the market for domain names rendered in local languages isn't worth the trouble; I've been in the European Union many times and very recently and I see ad campaigns and domains in local languages.
Well it's not exactly what I am saying. NPers who have been around for some time know that I have always been an advocate of ccTLDs and names in foreign languages (BTW I specialize in European extensions). But they are specialized markets and yes they are smaller than .com. You need some insight into the local markets to understand what works and what doesn't. That being said, indeed the market for French names is weak.

but I would be thrilled to hand over all of these for what estibot says they're worth.... I'll spare anyone the trouble and just tell you it's not a lot. Nonetheless it would be enough for me.
You just can't get a meaningful insight from automated appraisals... forget estibot and the like. They are just for entertainment and ego-boosting. Estibot will never tell that your name is worth $0. But what is it worth if there is no buyer ?

Back to the topic, travel to Saudi Arabia is not exactly new even though it's mainly about Islam, the haj, trips to the Mecca etc.
But I very much doubt there are investors lining up to buy your names now or in the future, because people will always try to find suitable alternatives before they even consider the aftermarket.
People are not going to buy from domainers if they can find stuff of equivalent or superior quality that is still available for regfee.

For example in French the following names are available for regfee: VoyagerEnArabie.com or VoyagerEnArabieSaoudite.com or VoyageArabie.com, Voyage-Arabie.com etc. These names all make more sense grammatically. With some brain storming more meaningful combinations should be easy to find :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back