Dynadot

question Sedo

NameSilo
Watch

nebeleacandrei

Established Member
Impact
What about using the new selling lander (No5) on Sedo for parked domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have switched a few names to the Buy Now/Make Offer lander. How do I see traffic/views now as they have disappeared?
Thanks

•••
I have switched a few names to the Buy Now/Make Offer lander. How do I see traffic/views now as they have disappeared?
Thanks
This is a curious twist to their new Sl1/Sl2 landers. The one big disadvantage potentially is that you no longer get the parking stats. You have to use the old ns1/2 sedoparking landers in order to get that.

This is an interesting question, now. Is it worthwhile, for the sake of having 10% commission for both BIN and make offer landers, to lose the parking stats?

•••
This is a curious twist to their new Sl1/Sl2 landers. The one big disadvantage potentially is that you no longer get the parking stats. You have to use the old ns1/2 sedoparking landers in order to get that.

This is an interesting question, now. Is it worthwhile, for the sake of having 10% commission for both BIN and make offer landers, to lose the parking stats?
I like the landers do not like not having any stats. I can get both at Dan.com

•••
I like the landers do not like not having any stats. I can get both at Dan.com
The Sedo parking landers and the general Sedo marketplace page always appealed to me more than Dan.
The lack of stats for the new sl1/sl2 really puzzles me. Having them might really give them a competitive advantage over Dan. There is still, however, an issue about adblockers affecting access to their Sedo landers, which appears to be a disadvantage even with sl1/2.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo seem to have missed an opportunity with not providing some sort of stats with the new landers. Just moved about 30 names as a test so I will give it a couple of weeks to see how it goes.

•••
Sedo seem to have missed an opportunity with not providing some sort of stats with the new landers. Just moved about 30 names as a test so I will give it a couple of weeks to see how it goes.
Of course, there was discussion before that the parking stats were likely very skewedbefore with bots. Sl1/2 apparently completely eliminates that problem---by no stats. Wouldn't you have expected, instead, that they provide better stats with the new sl1/2 system?

•••
Of course, there was discussion before that the parking stats were likely very skewedbefore with bots. Sl1/2 apparently completely eliminates that problem---by no stats. Wouldn't you have expected, instead, that they provide better stats with the new sl1/2 system?
A Sedo problem, re-active as opposed to pro-active. We will see.

•••
I just did a random search on a few on my names that I know will get some traffic/searches. One had this "11 people have already viewed this offer" the other 9 had nothing!

•••
I just did a random search on a few on my names that I know will get some traffic/searches. One had this "11 people have already viewed this offer" the other 9 had nothing!
Interesting. At this point, I am seeing more traffic than previously on Sedo, but that may be due to some of my outbounding efforts. And, as for the rest, I still wonder, even if using the sl1/2, what component is bot traffic. Is there any way of figuring that out?
Presumably, if they allowed pairing with the Google Analytics like Dan, one could see if there are there very brief millisec visits that aren't real traffic. Or, perhaps this is one of the types of traffic that Sl1/2, as an improved system, already doesn't count.

Last edited:
•••
I m not happy with Sedo. This year Sedo is not usefull for selling domains.

•••
I m not happy with Sedo. This year Sedo is not usefull for selling domains.
Well, you do seem to have had quite a bit of traffic. No succes, though?

•••
Well, you do seem to have had quite a bit of traffic. No succes, though?

I can sell same domains on Namejet and other marketplaces. Problem is on Sedo nearly 1 year...

•••
I can sell same domains on Namejet and other marketplaces. Problem is on Sedo nearly 1 year...
Did you have the lander at Sedo or one of those other marketplaces? Was Namejet the marketplace that clearly performed the best for you, or were there others that were almost as good?
Sedo is touting these new improvements, but I can certainly see how after a year, it's hard for you to stay optimistic about them.

•••
As an update, I am noticing that there is an issue with the BIN prices not showing up on some domains, using these sl1/2 landers. I'm going to get in touch with customer support about this, as the BIN is felt to be important for increasing sale success 2-3 fold.
Also, now I am noticing that traffic stats present but no evidence of uniques or clicks. So, at this point, bot traffic is a strong possibility here of what is being counted still with the sl1/2. So far, not seeing that anything otherwise has changed in terms of effectiveness with these new landers.

•••
B9464E42-925F-44A3-8264-16703F603044.png
This what I see when I visit sedo parked page. Anyone not cookied will get this disclaimer. Doesnt even have proper url in address bar, not what I want potential customers to see. Normal person may not click accept
How this name gets 7000 views a day whole other story

•••
Show attachment 226574
This what I see when I visit sedo parked page. Anyone not cookied will get this disclaimer. Doesnt even have proper url in address bar, not what I want potential customers to see. Normal person may not click accept
How this name gets 7000 views a day whole other story
Thank you for pointing this out. For the sl1/2 landers, my understanding was that one of the improvements was the viewing on various platforms. Perhaps Sedo really wants to reconsider tweaking this a bit more, to make it more appealing to potential buyers.
First impressions matter.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back