Dynadot

Sedo parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Luuk Dillen

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys,

I´m pretty new to domaining, but even more about parking domains.
I guess this is a well discussed topic about Sedo parking, i know that it doesn´t pay much.
But i have about 60 clicks on multiple website in the past days 7 days, they are paying 0.07$

Is it really that bad with Sedo parking or am i missing something.

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
depends on the traffic mate..

sometimes if you have too many clicks they lower the payout.

Try Namedrive maybe ?

•••
I've found Sedo parking to be worthless, you will only make pennies. I have made a lot more with GoDaddy Cash Parking or just developing a small site and putting Adsense on it.

•••
@Luuk Dillen PM me i like to talk to you about your domains

•••
In the beginning i was able to get about 50-70 euros or what the pay limit was back then in a month or so with a few domains, then it went downhill. I don't recommend sedo. They pay very little.

•••
some of my domains do good.. others dont.

and some more advice.. dont be providing your logon details to anyone

•••
i wont, but thanks for the advice !

•••
You may try parkingcrew or bodis or voodoo they pay some what decent

•••
Different names do better with different feeds, etc, etc, etc....

Sedo parking isn't "worthless..." just not the place to monetize your traffic for that/those particular domains...

I have domains at Sedo that get $2-$5/click regularly and nothing elsewhere.... Then, I have names that get nothing at Sedo, but $5+/month earners elsewhere...

You just have to A/B test... I would suggest using Above for a while....

•••
Could anyone answer me a question about Sedo fee?

How much fee with "Buy now" transaction? And how it works?

Can I save money by using Escrow.com service? Is Escrow.com cheap and fast than Sedo "Buy now"?

Thanks.

•••
0.07$ a click, your lucky. I get 0.01$ a click on a good day. Your making 7x what I am >:(

•••
0.07$ a click, your lucky. I get 0.01$ a click on a good day. Your making 7x what I am >:(

I guess you you misread what i earn. I meant 0,07$ for in total 60 clicks

Will start looking into monetizing everything on my own. Making some html pages with adsense.

Anybody familiar with doing this yourself ?

•••
I've found Sedo parking to be worthless, you will only make pennies. I have made a lot more with GoDaddy Cash Parking or just developing a small site and putting Adsense on it.

Be careful with just making a site to monetize via adsense. "MFA" or made for adsense sites could get your adsense account suspended.

Back to the OP, have you used Voodoo parking yet?

-Omar

•••
I guess you you misread what i earn. I meant 0,07$ for in total 60 clicks

Will start looking into monetizing everything on my own. Making some html pages with adsense.

Anybody familiar with doing this yourself ?

If you have questions about Adsense, send me over a PM. I did a lot of that back in the day.

-Omar

•••
Hi Guys,

I´m pretty new to domaining, but even more about parking domains.
I guess this is a well discussed topic about Sedo parking, i know that it doesn´t pay much.

lol

how many names have you parked there and for how long, what were the names, etc, etc?

•••
I would suggest leaving them on sedo for a while to get a good data set before trying another parking company. Good Luck

•••
Kinda surprised that no one mentioned the other side of Sedo.. The main reason that I park my domains at Sedo is that it is one of the biggest selling platforms for domains! Because I make the occasional sale there, I really don't stress out about how much money that I make parking!

•••
Kinda surprised that no one mentioned the other side of Sedo.. The main reason that I park my domains at Sedo is that it is one of the biggest selling platforms for domains! Because I make the occasional sale there, I really don't stress out about how much money that I make parking!

Good Point!

•••
But you don't have to park domains with Sedo to sell them on their marketplace, you just have to list them there. I find much more people trust and buy domains with GoDaddy and listing them there is more beneficial for both parking and selling.

•••
I find much more people trust and buy domains with GoDaddy and listing them there is more beneficial for both parking and selling.

since sedo was selling domains long before gd got in the market, would like to know where you found or how you compiled this data?

•••
since sedo was selling domains long before gd got in the market, would like to know where you found or how you compiled this data?

Wouldn't there be more end users in the GD marketplace over the SEDO marketplace? I think that's what he means in regards to selling.

-Omar

•••

That average person will go to GoDaddy to search for a domain name over Sedo - and due to my personal experience is where I have compiled the data haha. I have tried both and find one much stronger than the other.

•••
Wouldn't there be more end users in the GD marketplace over the SEDO marketplace? I think that's what he means in regards to selling.

-Omar

on gd and sedo, it's not how many watchers or viewers, but how many buyers, that count.

so, i think you'd have to count all the buyers, what they bought and then look to see how many of those domains got developed, to attempt to qualify them as end-user purchases.... before saying one venue has more end-users than the other or sells more domains to end-users than the other.

imo...

•••
That average person will go to GoDaddy to search for a domain name over Sedo - and due to my personal experience is where I have compiled the data haha. I have tried both and find one much stronger than the other.

the average person who searches on gd, will not pay more than $10 for a domain name

while the average person who searches on sedo, will have to pay more than $10, if they want to buy a domain.

:and that, makes a big difference

:)

•••
the average person who searches on gd, will not pay more than $10 for a domain name

while the average person who searches on sedo, will have to pay more than $10, if they want to buy a domain.

:and that, makes a big difference

:)

"would like to know where you found or how you compiled this data?" lol - sorry but I disagree. I was just giving my opinion, you are free to list your domains wherever you want to haha.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back