Domain Empire

Sedo parking?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Can any one tell me how long it takes to park a page at sedo?
I changed name servers to sedo parking (hopefully they were right)
on new domain there on the 5th. Where I bought it says it was completed
on the 6th. Yet nothing at sedo to manage yet...Is this normal
how long does it usually take before I can play with it at sedo?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can't really understand what you wrote, but...

If you added your domain in your account, changed the nameservers on the domain you should be able to go to Domain Management and see it in your list of domains. Sometimes they review the domains before they add it into their parking, if this is the case in Domain Management above the rest of your already parked domains it will say it's reviewing the following domains and should have it listed there.

:)

•••
Nameservers should be set to:

ns1.sedoparking.com
ns2.sedoparking.com

Hope this is what you put.

•••
I never change the nameserver for parking. I just do a URL forwarding. Works in a few hour.

•••
it works for me INSTANTLY .. check the nameservers with the one halobitt told

•••
after setting dns, your domain will take 24-48 hrs, to show your site all over the world

•••
HenryJR said:
I never change the nameserver for parking. I just do a URL forwarding. Works in a few hour.

Is there a difference?...between forwarding and changing
the name servers?
Will I have a hard time after that to change it somewhere
else?

•••
it takes sometimes 3 days or less

•••
Thanks for your replies...it has resolved...:)

•••
mis_chiff said:
Is there a difference?...between forwarding and changing
the name servers?
Will I have a hard time after that to change it somewhere
else?

I know that sedo says on its website that it prefers you to change the NS rather than use web forwarding. ( I don't know why )

You should'nt have a hard time changing it - just remove your web forwarding first, then change the NS.

•••
I normally change the nameservers from my godaddy account and so far has been instanteous or no more than 5 minutes to propagate(knock on wood)

•••
Well, if you have a good hosting plan, that can handle the bandwidth and won't give you much downtime, it might be better to point all your domains' DNS records to your host and then forward the domains yourself, using a script, frames or whatever. This way, you can get full stats of your visitors and switch between parking providers at will and with instanteous response.

•••
Changing the NS makes it easier for Sedo to verify your domain I believe.

From their FAQ,

The procedure is as follows:

Enter the domains you want to park into your account by going to ‘Add Domains’ in the My Sedo menu. Please remember to set the relevant category and the domain language for each domain.
Next, go to your registrar (the company where you registered the domains) and change the DNS settings as detailed below.
Primary name server (ns1): ns1.sedoparking.com
Secondary name server (ns2:) ns2.sedoparking.com

You may also need the IP addresses for the name servers
Primary name server (ns1): 217.160.95.94
Secondary name server (ns2): 217.160.141.42

Many registrars allow you to carry out a ‘Bulk Edit/Update’ which means you can change the DNS for all of your domains at one go instead of having to do them individually. It can take 1 to 2 days to update the name servers.

Although we recommend changing the DNS servers, it is also possible to forward your domains to our parking system by URL forwarding. This can be done by your registrars – though some registrars charge a fee for this and some do not accept bulk updates for URL forwarding. Should you decide to use this method, please forward the URL to the following address:
http://www.sedoparking.com/domain.com/
Remember to replace ‘domain.com’ with your domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back