NameSilo

.tv Sedo Listing Cleanup

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I was looking around Sedo today and withing 5 minutes I saw two listings for dot TV's that listed even after they had been sold.

I know the new owner can change the Nameserver; however, with the number of trades and domainer to domainer sales, I think it is common courtesy to try and keep your list clean and to remove the listing from your set as they likely will park too.

You signed an agreement :

(a) The Domain Seller must be the verified owner of the domain name listed for sale. Unless the domain owner has a privacy shield for WHOIS database purposes, information provided within the Sedo User’s account must correspond to the information contained in the WHOIS database.

I haven't reported any.. I thought I'd post here instead :)

I'm not the police. Call me an old fuddy duddy... rule stickler.. but bear in mind SOMEONE BIDDING ON YOUR DOMAIN LISTED IS A BINDING COMMITMENT FOR SALE if it's a fixed price. obviously offers you can just decline... but it's poor ethics - honest errors aside.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sedo has long had a problem of proactively keeping these ownership / account items cleaned up, IMHO. :guilty:

I was looking around Sedo today and withing 5 minutes I saw two listings for dot TV's that listed even after they had been sold.

That being said, where did you see that they had been completed and verified as "sold"? :gl:

If you feel so inclined, examples that you have seen would be appreciated for discussion purposes ... :talk: :imho:
Kind regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
That being said, where did you see that they had been completed and verified as "sold"?

If you feel so inclined, examples that you have seen would be appreciated for discussion purposes ... :talk: :imho:
Kind regards,
Jeff B-)

Not all cases are sales - that was an example - some may be drops.

The drops would be AVAILABLE to register. Before ever even considering bidding on SEDO I check the availability. I know of at least one case (alleged) where someone re-registered a drop just to see to a SEDO offer.

I was making the note more to inform people on the chance they had a FIXED offer on a domain they no longer own because this would be problematic as a violation of terms.

Naming names is not something I will do. Most cases I think it is an HONEST mistake and there is no debate. The discussion would be short lived and not provide and value to the community.

I didn't expect much of a thread to this OP. I was just hoping it would inspire people to do a better job of portfolio management.

But Thanks for the comment

•••
Not all cases are sales - that was an example - some may be drops.

Drops, and incomplete or non-performing "sales" ... great idea to be checking availability on all occassions, IMHO. :gl:

Naming names is not something I will do. Most cases I think it is an HONEST mistake and there is no debate. The discussion would be short lived and not provide and value to the community.

I didn't expect much of a thread to this OP. I was just hoping it would inspire people to do a better job of portfolio management.

But Thanks for the comment

Good comments, but I do believe there are some using the Sedo system of "reporting sales" in order to bolster their existing (.TV and other) portfolios ... which, cumulatively, can help lead to some uncleanliness and confusion in the Sedo ownership / management / listings, IMHO. :guilty:

Regardless, Sedo needs to be more proactive! :yell:
Regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
... I do believe there are some using the Sedo system of "reporting sales" in order to bolster their existing (.TV and other) portfolios ... which, cumulatively, can help lead to some uncleanliness and confusion in the Sedo ownership / management / listings, IMHO. :guilty:

Regardless, Sedo needs to be more proactive! :yell:
Regards,
Jeff B-)

This is true but I hardly think it fair to speculate on others intentions.

Sedo doesn't need to be more proactive... but they SHOULD be more proactive.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Why is this thread tagged with "trolling allowed"?

•••
This is true but I hardly think it fair to speculate on others intentions.

Sedo doesn't need to be more proactive... but they SHOULD be more proactive.

Over the years, I have seen a LOT of incomplete and/or NON buyers / "fake sales" at Sedo ... I would safely say that it's still happening, IMHO. Agreed, Sedo SHOULD be more proactive ... and in also checking account IP's, additional member screening, and potential "related / frequent bidding accounts" etc., as well! :yell: :imho:

Just my two sense,
Jeff B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back