IT.COM

news Sedo gets a facelift

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
About time too, I say. I was always amazed that they had such a dated design considering the industry they're in and the money they must make.

Would kill them to make it responsive though?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Still using files with php4 suffix. Hmmm.

•••
Wow thats new look and everything is now more understandable and clear.....!!

•••
Parts of it are improved, but the heading: ALL ABOUT THE new web addresses, hurt my eyes.

•••
•••
But still it improves a lot with an ease of easy browsing and look!!

Love it !

•••
Not going responsive is to be considered a joke. With that resources and all wow.

•••
At first, I thought it was OK. Now ,after a while, it really starts to look quite hideous again. Especially those shoddy gray gradients in the drop-down menus.

•••
Not going responsive is to be considered a joke. With that resources and all wow.

Sedo's own statement there does not mention mobile or responsive. Just a bunch of stuff about changing wording on the site to lure newbie buyers. Two out of three of those will be on mobile devices and find the site hard to use at best - they'll just go elsewhere.

I have been saying they need to go mobile for the last 5 years - I had to stop bidding in an auction because the site would not work on my phone. Sedo do not listen - who advises them? - and if they get something so basic as this wrong then what else are they getting totally wrong???

They have cut staff, their income is falling - less from parking we know, is it also less from domain sales? new competition...

•••
It looks like Sedo rests on their laurels , they had success, probably it's going fine for them still now (i'm sure there are many private transactions each day, plus domain parking revenues) , so they feel they don't need to make any big improvements.

Just my sensation.

•••
About time too, I say. I was always amazed that they had such a dated design considering the industry they're in and the money they must make.

Would kill them to make it responsive though?

Can polish or paint a turd all you want still doesn't change the fact that it's still a turd.

•••
Their site is looking nicer, however when i search a name of mine and click the sale link, I go to a plain jane sales page, that I think would scare away end users. No info about sedo, one little link to their main site. Very disappointed. http://california-bud.com/ when i click the sale link at this site it goes to one of their crap sales pages. And using this name as an example not cause i want a link to my sales page . Anyone wants the above name for free pm me

With chrome its a shit sales page. internet explorer goes to the old standard page with more info and legitimate looking. How can I make them all look like the old sales page? setting somewhere?

•••
SEDO was excellent in year 2006 when i was giving 1 euro per click on domain parking but now they are almost finished.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back