NameSilo

news Sedo gets a facelift

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
About time too, I say. I was always amazed that they had such a dated design considering the industry they're in and the money they must make.

Would kill them to make it responsive though?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh wow, haven't seen it yet. This is almost like opening a Christmas present that you know will be really crappy.

•••
Well, it's much better than the old one, that's for sure, but they should have redesigned it from the scratch IMHO. Now it's just a polished version of the old one. Okay, definitely not great.

It seems that along the redesign came huge promos for new gTLDs on the front page. Not cool.

•••
Like that will help them. :D

•••
It's quite the feeble update. The main page looks like a train wreck.

•••
I agree it's a limp attempt.

I hate the way they've tacked the Sedo logo on the blue nav. It's like it was the last thing they thought about..

"Ok boys, where shall we put the Sedo logo. Here? No that wont work, we can't have a blue logo on a blue background. Well it wont fit anywhere else. I better give it a white background. Hmm.. that looks kind of stark. Think team, think.. we can solve this. I've got it! I'll use a blue gradient and it will blend in perfectly"

•••
I agree it's a limp attempt.

I hate the way they've tacked the Sedo logo on the blue nav. It's like it was the last thing they thought about..

"Ok boys, where shall we put the Sedo logo. Here? No that wont work, we can't have a blue logo on a blue background. Well it wont fit anywhere else. I better give it a white background. Hmm.. that looks kind of stark. Think team, think.. we can solve this. I've got it! I'll use a blue gradient and it will blend in perfectly"

Agreed, lol.

It seems as if web design today is going downhill. I thought my designs were bad...I guess not.

We went from Vista style glass gradients & impressive 3D designs, to flat ugly Windows 8 Kindergarten color designs.

Computers can display approximately 16 million colors, not just 10 colors.

•••
I dont mind the new style in all honesty, its a nice change.

However when I click on certain pages within 'My Domains' section, the pages are automatically scrolling to the bottom which is pretty annoying haha.

•••
The header is just a mish mash ...strangely better than before ...just

•••
•••
Sedo wants to earn money on new tlds that nobody needs

•••
Let me know when they nip and tuck their sales fees.

•••
Re: Sedo's new design - Can't help but think about the notion that the domain industry is such an anomaly imho. Biggest players (read registrars, domainers, etc.) generally always have the worst UX/UI and are last to adapt.

Regardless, the change is an upgrade on the UX for me, appreciate that they chose to up the font size so it's readable. But on a more serious note, not going responsive (admittedly a fairly big job) / not offering a viable mobile solution is just weaksauce.

•••
its not that hard to make a mobile design lol

•••
The Header image with all of the gTLDs scattered everywhere is what kills it.

But at this point I appreciate anything different and I'm surprised they haven't switched things up or have gotten at all competitive with Flippa, they just sit back and do nothing.

I don't get it.

•••
i could care less, their marketplace is over saturated with shitty names, i have had some premium domains listed there for months with NO views, let alone ales. Forces users to buy upgrades to have their domain even viewable.

•••
Perhaps they want to start winning awards again :)

•••
•••
Wow, that logo gradient is hideous...

•••
i like the new design, maybe because am using my mobile phone to access the internet. ride on sedo.

•••
Bene, Sedo is suppose to lead the packs. If they don't make adjustments and restructuring, DNS will over take them very soon and that's juts in a few years from now.

•••
Funny. When I got there, my first impression was that I accidentally went to http://4.cn

•••
When you get to the actual inventory, it's basically the same with different color buttons and a more colorful header. I noticed no new bells and whistles.....

•••
It looks basically the same to me, except polished. And it doesn't work with my Roboform now, so I think it sucks.

•••
I don't like it.. And I don't like the focus on shitty new extensions.. Also please stop ripping us off with your $50 min commission on parked domains with BIN price.. I used to be able to list stuff for $60 and still make a few $..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back